Lemon Chicken Recipe for Alix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chopstix

Head Chef
Favorite Lemon Chicken

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp Custard Powder
2 pcs. Chicken leg and thigh, skin on, deboned, pounded very thin using back of knife
2 ½ Tbsp Your preferred Lemon Juice Concentrate
½ Tbsp Butter
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp White pepper
½ pc American lemon, thinly sliced
¼ tsp crushed ginger
1 Tbsp Cassava powder, AA powder or tapioca powder (diluted in 2
Tbsp water)
3 Tbsp Sugar
¼ Cup Water
Drop of yellow food color
Cornstarch for dredging

Procedure:

1. For the Chicken: Marinate meat with custard powder and ginger. Moisten with 1½ Tbsp water. Marinate overnight.
2. Before frying, season with salt and pepper. Dredge then deep fry.
3. For the sauce: In a pan, simmer lemon juice concentrate, sugar, water, salt, yellow food color and Cassava powder slurry. Add lemon slices.
4. When chicken is crisp, drain excess oil.
5. Add butter to boiling sauce and then immediately pour sauce onto the hot chicken. Include the lemon slices. Toss and serve. Be sure to only glaze the chicken so you don’t lose the crispy texture.

Edited: You can leave out the ginger from this recipe as it can overpower the lemon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would boneless/skinless breast work in lieu of thighs?

Lifter

Hi Lifter, I haven't tried that. I'm sure you can although the chicken meat might end up dry or stringy. There may be ways to compensate though, like maybe dip the meat in egg white first before dredging? I'm really not sure. Maybe people out there have some very good tips for this...

Just found this on my cruising and thought I would bump it up so I can find it for later. Someone else might be interested too.

Yum-O! This is my favorite Chinese dish. Too bad my kiddos don't care for it. I'll have to make half the portion.

Dina

I'd love to come visit but at this point, I can't even afford lemon chicken. Heehee Hugs to you girl.

Dina

Chopstix said:
Favorite Lemon Chicken

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp Custard Powder
2 pcs. Chicken leg and thigh, skin on, deboned, pounded very thin using back of knife
2 ½ Tbsp Your preferred Lemon Juice Concentrate
½ Tbsp Butter
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp White pepper
½ pc American lemon, thinly sliced
¼ tsp crushed ginger
1 Tbsp Cassava powder, AA powder or tapioca powder (diluted in 2
Tbsp water)
3 Tbsp Sugar
¼ Cup Water
Drop of yellow food color
Cornstarch for dredging

Procedure:

1. For the Chicken: Marinate meat with custard powder and ginger. Moisten with 1½ Tbsp water. Marinate overnight.
2. Before frying, season with salt and pepper. Dredge then deep fry.
3. For the sauce: In a pan, simmer lemon juice concentrate, sugar, water, salt, yellow food color and Cassava powder slurry. Add lemon slices.
4. When chicken is crisp, drain excess oil.
5. Add butter to boiling sauce and then immediately pour sauce onto the hot chicken. Include the lemon slices. Toss and serve. Be sure to only glaze the chicken so you don’t lose the crispy texture.

what's custard powder

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom