"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl
Old 01-24-2009, 11:14 PM   #11
Head Chef
Originally Posted by mikki View Post
I have bonless, skinless chicken breasts. I'm looking for a easy recipe( I'm a lazy cook) with not a lot of ingredients.
Most of the time I bake it in either catalina dressing or ranch dressing. I need something new. Thanks guys!!!!
egg bath, roll in crushed cornflakes and bake..

You can also mix up a rice dish(from a box) do the cornflake thing on the chicken, lay it on top of the uncooked rice dish and bake.. very tasty and simple.

Jeff G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:49 AM   #12
Melt some butter, add salt pepper, fresh garlic & a squeeze of lemon. Baste them in a baking dish in the oven or on the grill. Simple & delicious!

If you want to spice it up a bit, add your favorite hot sauce, if you like sweet & spicy, add some honey.

Oh, and if you like the idea of frying them, get a box of your favorite flavored triscuts. Put a handful in your food processor and make crumbs. I filet my breasts and then cut into strips, dredge in flour, then egg, then the triscuts and fry in a cast iron skillet.

70chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:09 AM   #13
Head Chef
The ranch chicken recipe here
The Pioneer Woman Cooks - Ree Drummond
is awesome.

The chicken is marinated in a honey/dijon mix and then partially cooked on the stove, finished in the oven and topped off with crispy thick bacon and cheddar. Not healthy but certainly easy and delicious!
Toots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:40 AM   #14
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to Deathbysoup
-combine can of mushroom soup w/ half a can of milk or cream , chopped onion , minced garlic, sliced mushrooms and fresh herbs. Pour over chicken breasts and bake .

-dip chicken breasts in bbq sauce , then dredge through seasoned breadcrumbs. cook on a rack in oven until brown and crispy.

-Flatten chicken . Put thin layer of prepared boxed stuffing ( add some onions and celery , maybe mushrooms and garlic for flavor and crunch ) and roll chicken . Secure with toothpick . Brush all over with butter and bake until browning.

-Flatten chicken. Put thin layer of spinach and cream cheese ( or feta ) . Roll and secure with toothpick . Bake until cooked through .
Deathbysoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:20 AM   #15
Master Chef
How about Chicken Cacciatore?

Easy Chicken Cacciatore - Chicken Cacciatore Recipe with Stewed Tomatoes

DH made some the other night, although we skipped the wine and used Classico Spaghetti Sauce instead of the crushed tomatoes. He added sweet red peppers, onion, a little celery, mushrooms, Garlic and herb seasoning, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Once the chicken was browned and everything in the oven-proof skillet, he put it in the oven for an hour, covered.
Man, was it good!
We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:35 AM   #16
Balsamic Chicken
8 chicken thighs (approx. 3#)
3 cloves garlic crushed
2 Tb fresh chopped basil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tb. EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
Combine ingredients, toss and marinate 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350º. Coat a 9x 13" baking dish with
non-stick spray. Add chicken and marinate to dish bake 15-20 minutes, turn and bake an additional
15-20 minutes.
Porthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
put in glass pan, spoon your favorite salsa over them, bake thirty min. sprinkle grated taco cheese on top and stick back in til cheese melts. it is really good. a small salad and you have a meal.
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #18
Executive Chef
It's 3 days later, and we never heard what was decided.
What say you mikki?
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #19
Master Chef
BT, you are rubbing off on me. When I saw the title to this thread, a part of me just wanted to say something inappropriate. But I am restraining myself. And I'll just leave it at that.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #20
Sous Chef
Send a message via AIM to mikki
I posted planning on cooking the chicken on Sunday after we shoveled off in-laws roofs (they're in Florida) well as we got to in-laws youngest DD called said that her sister fell at a cheerleading competition and she might have broke her arm, called her and she said she was ok. so we continued to shovel 2 feet of snow off 3 roofs. 3 1\2 hours later I called oldest DD back and she said she couldn't bend her arm and it looked like her elbow had a lump sticking out. To shorten the story spent the next 2 hours in ER getting it checked. Hubby ended up baking them in BBQ sauce. It's a good thing too, by the time I got home I was so tired I could hardly walk. I'm planning in trying some of these recipes for the next batch though. Thanks for all the ideas.

mikki is offline   Reply With Quote