Looking for TNT chicken tika masala recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Serious Eats recipe looks very good. One question ... can I use boneless breasts or thighs? I am getting more comfortable on the grill without DH but bone in chicken scares me just a little. Thoughts?

I prefer bone-in chicken for the grill. The bones help keep it moist. I wouldn't worry about its being thoroughly cooked as you cook it in the sauce after deboning.

I'm happy I know how to light the grill Andy! Bone-in chicken? Eeeek! I might screw up enough courage this weekend to try it. We'll see. :rolleyes:

I prefer bone-in chicken for the grill. The bones help keep it moist. I wouldn't worry about its being thoroughly cooked as you cook it in the sauce after deboning.
Makes sense. Plus, cooking with the bones in deepens the meaty flavour.

I'm happy I know how to light the grill Andy! Bone-in chicken? Eeeek! I might screw up enough courage this weekend to try it. We'll see. :rolleyes:

Not sure what the "Eeeek" is for. Cook the chicken over lower heat so the exterior doesn't burn before the interior is done. You should have an instant read thermometer to ensure the chicken is done and not overdone. Overdone = dry chicken.

I think he had a thermometer for the grill, I'll look tonight. I don't know! Bone-in just sounds way harder than a plain old breast or thigh. Then again, just grilling is way harder than I thought it would be. Much easier when I was just responsible for refreshing cocktails on the deck. Anyway ... I'll give it a whirl.

I think he had a thermometer for the grill, I'll look tonight. I don't know! Bone-in just sounds way harder than a plain old breast or thigh. Then again, just grilling is way harder than I thought it would be. Much easier when I was just responsible for refreshing cocktails on the deck. Anyway ... I'll give it a whirl.

Practice with thighs. They are more forgiving. All chicken is safe to eat at an internal temperature of 161ºF. I find dark meat to have a better texture at a temperature in the 180ºF-185ºF.

It's not hard - just unfamiliar. The only way to get familiar is to practice.

Try cooking it slightly off heat at first. Don't put the chicken legs or thighs directly over the flame. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom