Made this up myself!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tifmtob

Assistant Cook
So ther night we had taken chicken out to cook, but then we decided to eat out...... so the following night I had to cook the chicken and didn't know what to do. I had some pepper is the fridge that if they sat another day or two would have probably gone bad.... so this is what I did and it came out fantastic!

one green bell pepper and one red bell pepper sliced and put in a bowl with olive oil... just enough to coat, and some black pepper, let sit.

four chicken breasts cut up into cubes
minced garlic 1 tsp
parmisan cheese (as much as you prefer)
one can of plum tomatoes peeled in tomato juice
tomato paste
one can of mushrooms pieces and stems
one pound of speghetti

in a skillet I partially cooked the chicken and used olive oil from the peppers that we sitting so that they wouldn't stick to the skillet.
in a seperate pan I sauteed the peppers
I removed the plum tomatoes from the can and just poured the tomoto juice into the pan with the chicken and covered and continued to cook the peppers.
I added the garlic and the parmasan cheese to the chicken sauce mix, and drained the can of mushrooms and added it as well
then after about ten minutes of sauteeing the peppers I added them to the chicken as well.
half a can of tomato paste to thicken
and I let cook it probably took a total of a half an hour to cook it fully.

I then served it with speghetti and it was awesome! I definitely recommend other trying it.

as for the plum tomatoes and the rest of the past I regridgerated them I will end up using it for sauce later in the week.

I just had to share this with others, I was so proud that one of my concoctions came out this good, I would definitely serve it to guests!:chef:

lindatooo said:
Sounds excellent! Don't you just love it when your "seat of the pants" recipes work!

I really do, and recently when I do that I think it is horrible but my boyfriend thinks that it is great.... Mind you he eats anything that is put in front of him:LOL:

Tifmtob said:
I really do, and recently when I do that I think it is horrible but my boyfriend thinks that it is great.... Mind you he eats anything that is put in front of him:LOL:

you are on your way to being the kind of cook that cooks talk about. :chef:
experimentation, and happy subjects thereof.

having that kind of creativity shows inherent knowledge, and skill. like a duck to water. keep it going.

may i suggest that next time, experiment with fresh ingredients whenever possible, but otherwise, trust yourself, and never be afraid to try something new.

A few words of caution from someone who does what you did for almost every meal. You will have an occasional failure, so have a simple back-up meal in the back of your head, just in case. It can be as simple as a can of pork & beans, and hot dogs. But it will need to be something than can be heated up quickly. Prego and Spagheti will cover the plate quickly in a pinch.

Also be prepared to write down the recipes that come out to good to lose. If you're like me, then you may remember some of the ingredients, but not exactly how you flavored the dish. And it may be difficult to re-create. So take notes.

Adn trust me on this as well, you will have more success than failure. For you have developed a knowledge base from which to work. You're now in the process of refining it.:)

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom