Marinade Injection for Deep Frying Turkeys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

budz

Assistant Cook
I've tried a couple of marinades for frying turkey, the last one was Eastmans
Outdoors Bourbon Street Mesquite and I'm still having problems.
I inject the bird with about 1 1/4 oz. in six places on each side of the breast, also the thighs and legs and let it marinate of 24 - 30 hrs. in the frig.
After deep frying I get pockets of marinade all through the meat. The marinade does not seem to permiate the meat.
I inject it as per directions, pulling it out slowly while pushing down the plunger.
Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

budz

I've never had that problem, and I can't think of what happened. I've never deep fried a turkey, but I have injected chickens before cooking them on a rotisserie cooker. Have you had a problem doing this with other meats? Hopefully someone will have an answer for you soon.

:) Barbara

We have only used the Tony Chachere's and I haven't had that problem. Maybe someone else will know what to do to help you.

in my experience with deep frying turkeys...i have found its best to inject and then dump em right into the oil after about 10 mins of marinating.

i hve had the same prob as you when i let em sit in the fridge overnight....but not after 10 mins.

its odd that it seems to only happen with turkeys..not even chicken. i wonder if anyone can explain why??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom