"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 03-02-2016, 03:42 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Meal preparation with chicken and need ideas

I'm doing a meal preparation with chicken and need ideas for the same. I need help with simple recipes for dinner that I could prepare for my family. I usually buy chicken spices from a store of specific brand in Canada named Horton Spice mills which gives a special flavour to my dishes. So does anybody have any really yummy chicken recipes to share?

Old 03-02-2016, 06:51 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Welcome to DC! Here is a recipe from the late, great Paul Prudhomme. It is our go to for this dish.

Chicken and Andouille Smoked Sausage Gumbo

Old 03-02-2016, 11:28 AM   #3
Head Chef

Just look at some of the other threads in this forum. The one titled "Help me to Like Chicken Breasts" has lots of suggestions, as do some others.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:18 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Jazz Club style Chicken & Waffles
Old 03-02-2016, 01:52 PM   #5
Sous Chef

Coat Chicken Pieces with 1 -2 tlbs EVOO. Mix spices in plastic bag: 1tsp
oregano 1tsp garlic 1tsp garlic salt 1 tsp garlic l tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp rosemary 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper. Place oiled chicken pieces in
the plastic bag with all the spices and coat.

ona large cookie sheet (with sides and lined with foil) 400 degree oven 45minutes
Old 03-02-2016, 02:03 PM   #6
Sous Chef

I love this one!

Hoisin Baked Chicken Recipe - Food.com
Old 03-03-2016, 11:48 AM   #7
Master Chef

Tempura Chicken:

Dice chicken meat into 1/2 inch cubes (approximate)

Combine 1/2 cup white, AP flour with 1/2 cup cornstarch. Add 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbs. sugar, and 1 tbs. double acting baking powder. Add 1 large egg and one cup milk. Stir with whisk until smooth.

Add diced chicken to the tempura batter. Extract cubes with a fork, and place into 365' oil. Deep fry until medium brown. Remove to a draining rack and sprinkle on salt. Serve with your favorite sides. Steemed cualiflower with butter is a great side. Have sweet & sour sauce avialable, as well as ranch dressing, and hoisin Sause for dipping.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:17 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Baked chicken strips:

Slice boneless skinless chicken breast into strips. Put strips in bowl and stir with a couple T Hellman's mayonnaise to coat. Put a cup or so of panko breadcrumbs in a big ziplock, mix along with whatever seasonings you want. I've used salt and pepper, Penzey's Mural of Flavor, cayenne or red pepper flakes, whatever. Put strips in ziplock and shake until they're evenly coated with crumbs.

Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes or so in a single layer until crunchy and done. I use a wire rack on a parchment covered sheet pan so I don't need to turn the strips.

We love them with honey mustard dip. Equal parts mayo, mustard, and honey. They're also nice with classic buffalo sauce: Franks Redhot sauce mixed with melted butter.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:39 PM   #9
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Baked chicken strips:

Slice boneless skinless chicken breast into strips. Put strips in bowl and stir with a couple T Hellman's mayonnaise to coat. Put a cup or so of panko breadcrumbs in a big ziplock, mix along with whatever seasonings you want. I've used salt and pepper, Penzey's Mural of Flavor, cayenne or red pepper flakes, whatever. Put strips in ziplock and shake until they're evenly coated with crumbs.

Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes or so in a single layer until crunchy and done. I use a wire rack on a parchment covered sheet pan so I don't need to turn the strips.

We love them with honey mustard dip. Equal parts mayo, mustard, and honey. They're also nice with classic buffalo sauce: Franks Redhot sauce mixed with melted butter.
What I want to know is if she who dies with the most toys wins, what about he who dies with the most toys? And are power tools and hand tools considered toys? What about fly-tying gear, and what about past toys, like hot dirt-bikes, snowmobiles, etc. I snow considered a toy? If so, then I win, especially last year. What about the coolest paper airplane, did you think about the coolest paper airplane? P.A.G. and I constructed a flyable biplane with a square fuselage, wing-struts made from rolled sections of paper, wings shaped like real wings with a top-of-the wing curvature, etc. That was fun to make. We are slowly constructing another one. We work on it whenever we get the chance to get together at her apartment. Oh, one more toy, me. I love being a toy for my grandkids to play with (very active toy).

Ok, I'm done. I kept seeing your tag line at the bottom of your posts and finally had to respond.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:54 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Lol, Chief! Yes, I have tons of power and hand tools (and know how to use 'em), along with jewelry-making and gardening stuff. I think the only thing I might be lacking is a Kitchen Aid mixer. No need, since I rarely bake.

I drove to school on a snowmobile, living in the Great White North. I found it amusing when we had the whole fam damly when we were in your lovely state of Michigan that I was the only one to keep folks upright on the waverunner. It's very similar to driving a snowmobile. Everyone else who tried driving them managed to dump themselves and their passengers, and the water was icy cold!

Tags
chicken, ideas, other