Menu for election night...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thier1754

Head Chef
Pepto Bismol? This campaign has taken it all out of me. Whew. :roll:

Anybody having an election night party? What are you serving?

In accordance with the dancing Elf's instruction, I'll wait to comment on this!

LOL!

Lifter

Hee hee, Bucky Tom. Sounds yummy.

My intent was not to encourage political discussion. I just wanted to know if there would be parties and what the "noshes" would be...

I usually make Swedish Meatballs over noodles. Cherry Pie. Champagne.
The reason being is that I read, years ago, garlic and onions were not a big hit back with the early settlers here, probably not readily available to the Pilgrims. I never researched it, but I try to make something WITHOUT garlic and onions (very hard to do) on President's day, so I carry the same on election day.

Menu for election night........

I never thought of a menu for election night being any different from any other night of the year. I'm going to be glued to the television set for sure. Maybe I'll try some gooey cornbread I noticed on a recent post with some homemade chili.

It may depend on who your candidate is as to whether or not you are havin' a "party" (tiptoeing outta here before elf, MJ, Barbara, or Juliev notice me..).

I will have to wait to get the results before I plan a menu, I may be running for the border if the wrong guy gets in but he shall remain namless here. I will behave kitchennisse, MJ and Juliev

norgeskog said:
Sorry MJ thanks for calling it to my attention, do noto tell BL do not want to hurt her feelings.
Don't worry Norgeskog, I can keep a secret about Barbra L ;). Us Norwegian's must stick together, Right?

norgeskog said:
ya, ya ve do dat. Tusen takk.

:shock: Are you swearing at me Norgeskog? LOL just kidding Norgeskog! My Father and his Sisters spoke like that. Like for the number 3 you would say "tree". I only know a few words like "Velcomen" wich means Welcome (I think). I too am blond hair and blue eyes.
So far so good. No Barbara L ;)

Sorry to get off topic here thier1754, no more from me!

i know exactly what we'll be having...
fish sandwiches.
i went to a small Catholic elemantary school, and each voting day, we had to eat in the classroom rather than the cafeteria, cause the Church volunteers were always buzzing about like bees setting things up for election day, and there wasn't much room for us kids.. they didn't make a hot lunch on those days; you either brown-bagged it, or you bought something like a fish sandwich or macaroni and cheese. and if you had bad parents, you didn't get lunch at all, unless they has a frozen PB sandwich stashed in the freezer.
the tradition has carried on; the Parents always go to the school cafeteria after work to vote and buy sandwiches...

I went to a catholic School from 6 - 8th grade. Fortunately, back in the late 60's, the school was assisted by the government, as were the publick schools. IN following years, that changed. But while I was there, we had great cooks. There pigs-in-th-blanket were amazing. And the pizza crust... The toppings wer simply spiced tomato sauce, hamburger, and cheese, but that crust was sooooo good. They made everything that I liked (but that was easy because I like almost everything :) ).

But back to topic; I believe the meal should reflect the candidates, ham and turkey ;) . Or maybe wienner and sucker, heh, heh, heh.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

MJ said:
norgeskog said:
ya, ya ve do dat. Tusen takk.

:shock: Are you swearing at me Norgeskog? LOL just kidding Norgeskog! My Father and his Sisters spoke like that. Like for the number 3 you would say "tree". I only know a few words like "Velcomen" wich means Welcome (I think). I too am blond hair and blue eyes.
So far so good. No Barbara L ;)

Sorry to get off topic here thier1754, no more from me!

Yes, MJ velKommen means welcome. With the THR, the r needs to be rolled, ackward for us unless you have heard the words and can immitate. DO you use the dypthongs??? ø, Ø, Æ, æ, å, Å. If you want them go to GOOGLE and enter Funny Norwegian Characters and it can be printed. My father never lost his accent, he came here when he was 20. It is catching when you are in Norway. when I go it is usually for close to a month and I come home speaking English with a lilt :roll:

YEAH THE DUCKS SENT THE HUSKIES PACKING DUCKS 31 HYSKIES 6

64871803107.jpg

Back
Top Bottom