"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 10-29-2004, 06:58 PM   #11
Certified Executive Chef

I will have to wait to get the results before I plan a menu, I may be running for the border if the wrong guy gets in but he shall remain namless here. I will behave kitchennisse, MJ and Juliev

Old 10-29-2004, 07:08 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
You forgot Barbara L norgeskog.

Old 10-29-2004, 07:50 PM   #13
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ
You forgot Barbara L norgeskog.
Sorry MJ thanks for calling it to my attention, do noto tell BL do not want to hurt her feelings.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:58 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by norgeskog
Sorry MJ thanks for calling it to my attention, do noto tell BL do not want to hurt her feelings.
Don't worry Norgeskog, I can keep a secret about Barbra L . Us Norwegian's must stick together, Right?
Old 10-29-2004, 08:00 PM   #15
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ
Quote:
Don't worry Norgeskog, I can keep a secret about Barbra L . Us Norwegian's must stick together, Right?
ya, ya ve do dat. Tusen takk.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:24 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Are you swearing at me Norgeskog? LOL just kidding Norgeskog! My Father and his Sisters spoke like that. Like for the number 3 you would say "tree". I only know a few words like "Velcomen" wich means Welcome (I think). I too am blond hair and blue eyes.
So far so good. No Barbara L

Sorry to get off topic here thier1754, no more from me!
Old 10-30-2004, 06:04 AM   #17
Master Chef

i know exactly what we'll be having...
fish sandwiches.
i went to a small Catholic elemantary school, and each voting day, we had to eat in the classroom rather than the cafeteria, cause the Church volunteers were always buzzing about like bees setting things up for election day, and there wasn't much room for us kids.. they didn't make a hot lunch on those days; you either brown-bagged it, or you bought something like a fish sandwich or macaroni and cheese. and if you had bad parents, you didn't get lunch at all, unless they has a frozen PB sandwich stashed in the freezer.
the tradition has carried on; the Parents always go to the school cafeteria after work to vote and buy sandwiches...
Old 10-30-2004, 08:25 AM   #18
Master Chef

I went to a catholic School from 6 - 8th grade. Fortunately, back in the late 60's, the school was assisted by the government, as were the publick schools. IN following years, that changed. But while I was there, we had great cooks. There pigs-in-th-blanket were amazing. And the pizza crust... The toppings wer simply spiced tomato sauce, hamburger, and cheese, but that crust was sooooo good. They made everything that I liked (but that was easy because I like almost everything :) ).

But back to topic; I believe the meal should reflect the candidates, ham and turkey . Or maybe wienner and sucker, heh, heh, heh.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 06:47 PM   #19
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ
Quote:
Are you swearing at me Norgeskog? LOL just kidding Norgeskog! My Father and his Sisters spoke like that. Like for the number 3 you would say "tree". I only know a few words like "Velcomen" wich means Welcome (I think). I too am blond hair and blue eyes.
So far so good. No Barbara L

Sorry to get off topic here thier1754, no more from me!
Yes, MJ velKommen means welcome. With the THR, the r needs to be rolled, ackward for us unless you have heard the words and can immitate. DO you use the dypthongs??? ø, Ø, Æ, æ, å, Å. If you want them go to GOOGLE and enter Funny Norwegian Characters and it can be printed. My father never lost his accent, he came here when he was 20. It is catching when you are in Norway. when I go it is usually for close to a month and I come home speaking English with a lilt :roll:

YEAH THE DUCKS SENT THE HUSKIES PACKING DUCKS 31 HYSKIES 6

Tags
None