Ms. Mofet's "Asian Style" Chicken Wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Although I'm not MSG sensitive I still avoid consuming food or using products that contain MSG, primarily because I believe all of our restaurant, convenience and fast foods have too much sodium for our health.

I got some Maggi today, and tasted it. As was said, all that's needed is a drop or two. Very salty, but what a nice flavor! I can see where it would be wonderful on steaks and mushrooms. It is different from soy sauce, but I can understand where it would be a good addition.

There's another MSG loaded seasoning I'm trying to recall, it's a powdered seasoning, which I found in my ethnic stores and thought I might like to try it, but then on the Internet I had it pointed out that it was loaded with MSG and decided to toss it out. Anybody know what that powdered seasoning was?

Do I understand correctly that Maggi is a liquid? Or not?

There's another MSG loaded seasoning I'm trying to recall, it's a powdered seasoning, which I found in my ethnic stores and thought I might like to try it, but then on the Internet I had it pointed out that it was loaded with MSG and decided to toss it out. Anybody know what that powdered seasoning was?

Do I understand correctly that Maggi is a liquid? Or not?
Liquid looks like soy sauce.

lol, i first heard of maggi sauce from a sizzling steak platter. i've tried using it in a marinade on steak and it's not the same thing as just splashing it on a steak being served.
btw, there are chinese, german, and mexican versions of maggi sauce. i forget what colour means what, but you can tell where it's made by the colour of the cap.

and once again, mofet, you've got me drooling. i'll be making these soon!

lol, i first heard of maggi sauce from a sizzling steak platter. i've tried using it in a marinade on steak and it's not the same thing as just splashing it on a steak being served.
btw, there are chinese, german, and mexican versions of maggi sauce. i forget what colour means what, but you can tell where it's made by the colour of the cap.

and once again, mofet, you've got me drooling. i'll be making these soon!
Thank you bucky! Steve's Sizzling Steak on Rt 17 South Carlstadt, NJ ROCKS!!

because. i liked it.
:mellow:
because, it's named after my wife. :LOL:

Different countries make their own version I'm sure, the Japanese one is called Ajinomoto, a shaker of large white crystals that is about 50/50 salt/msg.

Another tasty and popular way of doing Asian wings is braise in sauce, followed by quick grill/broil.

How different? Which was better? Why?
I like it any way.
My DD like to splash it on scrambled eggs.
I use it in marinades, salad dressing and a dipping sauce for beef.

Dipping sauce
Maggi
Red Wine Vinegar
A1 steak sauce
Worcestershire sauce
Liquid Hickory Smoke

This Looks amazing! I think I will whip a batch up this weekend for my wife and I. Thank you for this and nice to meet you!

I'm new to the group and will be sharing some of my recipes as well in the near future.

Hope to talk soon.

This Looks amazing! I think I will whip a batch up this weekend for my wife and I. Thank you for this and nice to meet you!

I'm new to the group and will be sharing some of my recipes as well in the near future.

Hope to talk soon.
Thank you and I hope you enjoy it. let me know.

Welcome to the forum and happing cooking!!

MM, YUMMO!

Looks delicious!

Ms. Mofet's "Asian Style" Chicken Wings

Amounts depend on how many wings are needed and personal flavoring tastes

Chicken wings (cut into sections. Save wing tips for soup stock)
Fresh garlic - grated or chopped fine
Fresh ginger - grated or chopped fine
Onion - peeled and sliced top to root
Dry sherry
Soy sauce (or I used Maggi seasoning this time)
Peanut oil - enough to thinly coat
Sesame oil
Hot chili sesame oil
Ground peppercorns

Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Cover and let sit for at least 1/2 hour.
Pour all ingredients onto a sheet pan lined with a silicon mat, foil or parchment paper.
Place pan into oven pre-heated to 425°F.
Bake (turning half way through cooking) till completely cooked through (about 30 - 45 minutes).

img_1182807_0_508735c91650bb5da6a99a78d6a45038.jpg

Back
Top Bottom