"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 03-09-2006, 01:06 AM   #1
Senior Cook

Send a message via ICQ to Billdolfski Send a message via AIM to Billdolfski Send a message via MSN to Billdolfski Send a message via Yahoo to Billdolfski
My chicken tender/finger/nugget thingees.

I had some chicken breasts in the freezer and was kind of in the mood for chicken tenders. This is an idea I got from a friend's mom and modified slightly by me.

I'm not measuring anything for you, because I certainly didn't do it myself.

Chicken Breast
Mayo/Miracle Whip
Hot Sauce
Flour&Seasoning/Breading mix
Plain Potato Chips (crushed)

All righty. Cut your chicken breast into whatever shape your little heart desires. Is what you're going to do with your mayo/MW is mix it with a generous amount of hot sauce. Some ppl like it, some ppl don't so much... I used a lot. Once that is well blended and uniform in color, this is what your coating your chicken with before you dredge it the flour/seasoning and potato chip mixture. I had some breading that a friend of mine got for me from a place he worked at. Flour and seasonings. One that I will say, that is very important. Regardless of whether you use store bought or make your own, do NOT add any salt. The crushed chips that is in the breading is plenty. I promise, and I'm partial to my salt. Flour to crushed chip ratio... 60/40. Plenty of chips. Anyways. So you take your chicken, dip it in the mayo/hot sauce mixture and dredge it in seasoned flour and potato chips. Easy enough? Certainly. Messy? Indeed.

I deep fried these guys in peanut oil at 350-375 deg F. The breading stays on well during cooking, but once you try to cut into them.... it likes to separate. Oh well... the price you pay for listening to one of my created recipes. Anyways, they were nothing short of excellent. I ate mine plain and some with BBQ sauce.

Tags
None