My "own" chicken recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Garband

Cook
Well, while I'm sure that this is probably nothing special at all, I figured I'd go ahead and post to get some feedback (read: advice, etc). I hope if you do make this, that you like it. =)

I used this amount for 3 chicken breasts, and after they were done soaking, I had some left over.

Marinade (I hope that's the right term)
2 cups of tomato juice (from concentrate)
1/4 cup of lime juice
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1/4 to 1/3 cup of soy sauce (I say 1/4 to 1/3 because I stopped halfway between those markings on my measuring cup)
1/4 to 1/3 cup of Worcestershire sauce
1 or 2 freshly crumbled bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon of oregano
1/2 teaspoon of thyme
1/4 teaspoon of celery seed

Stir it up nice and thoroughly.
Score your chicken/whatever you're making slightly to allow better/faster absorption (that's my logic and I'm stickin' to it. =P)
Submerge into marinade, and let soak for however long you want. I personally did mine 2.5-3 hours and it was pretty good.
Cook however you like and enjoy. =)

As a side note, my mom stopped me from making an extra sauce (thankfully, I don't think I could've handled much more flavor lol) because she had seen Emeril just cook a marinade and add flour to it to make a sauce. If you do that, be careful. After I cooked the marinade, the Worcestershire got really strong and was very overpowering in the sauce.

I hope you all enjoy this if you try it. =)

I'd love to add some tequila to this and see what happens... How about with pork?

Lol, let me know how the tequila and pork goes. I'll need some good fall-backs for the future. =P

Thanks for the encouragement Katie. I'm just experimenting trying to find what goes well with what right now, so I'm sure it's just luck. lol.
In fact, I tried to make some "dessert dumplings" earlier, and I was going to deepfry them.. Not sure why, but when I put it in the oil, it just dissolved away. Live and learn. =)

Thanks for the encouragement Katie. I'm just experimenting trying to find what goes well with what right now, so I'm sure it's just luck. lol.
In fact, I tried to make some "dessert dumplings" earlier, and I was going to deepfry them.. Not sure why, but when I put it in the oil, it just dissolved away. Live and learn. =)

That's okay. Mistakes are what we learn from. How'd you know how they would turn out if you didn't try. That's the way to do it.

It sounds like a great recipe!!!!!! I LOVE those combinations and very inventive too!!!

Here's a thought - remove the Worcestershire sauce, add some cilantro and remove the other herbs - I prefer fresh cilantro. My brain is very tired but I'd be tempted to cook some shrimp or chunked chicken in this and serve the whole thing over rice. It may be some white wine would be nice or some chicken stock to "soften" the tomato juice.

I might come back tomorrow and wonder what the heck I was talking about but right now my brain is saying - mmmmmmmm......... sounds good :LOL:

I think it sounds great! I would give this recipe a try.... saving to txt file for future menus! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom