My positive experience with chicken sausages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYBrit

Senior Cook
Anyone tried chicken sausages? I bought some from Top Tomato. They had cheese and basil in them and are delicious. Went down very well with some stir fry veggies!

we eat turkey sausages very often, and i've had chicken sausages as well.

i've had chicken ones with cheese and herbs, cranberries and herbs, and also a hot italian style. the hot ones were great in a sausage, peppers, and onions hero. to add to the heat, since most sausage makers are wimpy when it comes to that, i rolled them in powdered cayenne before frying. also, i add a tsp. or 2 of fennel seeds to the pan.

the turkey sausages we buy most often are sweet italian style, with the prevailing flavor being that of rosemary.

i've found either type of poultry sausage tends to be less forgiving than their pork counterparts. they need to be cooked more gently, especially on a grill.

I dig on 'em. There are a few brands that are really tasty, and a much healthier approach on the 'ol pork sausage. Now trust me, I will NEVER talk bad about pork, but every now and again I eat those chicken ones with cheddar and chipoltles, or the apple and sage...some times I feel like I am cheating on pork...

I've had one, a Chicken Apple sausage, of which I can't remember the brand name. It was to die for! I sould chow down on them when the club had them, usuall Memorial Day, 4th, and Labor Day. To bad I don't work at that club any more.

Since husband doesn't eat any red meat products, we only eat turkey & chicken sausages. For years there was pretty much only hot & sweet Italian-style turkey sausages available locally unless you visited a specialty purveyor - & then you paid a heft price. These days, the sky is pretty much the limit - which is TERRIFIC.

I frequently buy (or already have in my freezer at the moment) poultry varities of chorizo, andouille, Habanero/Monterey Jack, Smoked Mozzarella/Basil, Italian Balsamic Vinegar, Buffalo-Seasoned, Roasted Garlic, Artichoke, Cilantro, Spinach, Portabello Mushroom, breakfast-link, frankfurters, bratwursts - & those are just off the top of my head; there are quite a few more.

I use them in all the same ways one would use regular pork sausages - with pasta, on sub sandwiches, mixed grills, etc., etc. The only difference in cooking them is that because they are relatively fat-free, unless you're grilling them, you need to add a dollop or two of oil to the pan (I usually use olive).

I had a chicken and apple sausage at my sis's this week. It was yummy! I think she said it was an Emiril sausage.

Back
Top Bottom