My worst turkey ever ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But you'll get coupon for a terrible product.

Sorry, but it's true. Maybe you could donate the coupons.

Just chalk it up to lesson learned,IMO.

Sounds like Jenny gave you a Tom instead of a hen. They do tend to be tough and dry. I have found that Toms are only good for the stock pot after the dinner. I used to buy fresh turkeys, and made sure they were hens. So much better than the frozen ones.

I wonder if anyone raises turkey capons :LOL:

But you'll get coupon for a terrible product.

Sorry, but it's true. Maybe you could donate the coupons.

Just chalk it up to lesson learned,IMO.

So you use the coupons to buy ground turkey, turkey sausages and/or turkeyburgers . The important thing is to make them say the F-word, FREE!

Free is my favorite 4 letter word followed closely by SALE.

I buy Jenny O turkey Italian style sausage all of the time. It's very good. Also the ground turkey breast.
Maybe it's just the whole turkey's that are terrible. I've never purchased one. Fresh is best is available.

I wonder if anyone raises turkey capons :LOL:

What is "turkey capon"?

As far as tom or hen goes. It doesn't really matter.Pretty muc all, so called chickens, for example, sold in the store are in fact rusters, unless you specifically buy a roasting hen, for example. Basting, is the key to any turkey making.

What is "turkey capon"?

As far as tom or hen goes. It doesn't really matter.Pretty muc all, so called chickens, for example, sold in the store are in fact rusters, unless you specifically buy a roasting hen, for example. Basting, is the key to any turkey making.

Capon is a male bird that was castrated very soon after hatching. When it is chicken, they grow extra big; they are extra tender; and they are extra juicy. I usually serve roast capon at my Winter Solstice party. There are usually have 8 to 12 people and it has always been enough meat.

Back
Top Bottom