Need a bit of help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Havocbean

Assistant Cook
Hey everyone,
Well tonight I'm making dinner for a girlfriend, its a bit of an "eclectic" dinner.. a bean salad, some home made macaroni and cheese.. I figure I'd make some meat as well, and I figured poultry would suit this weird presentation of food..
Does anyone have an idea of what I could possibly make?
I'd be using a chicken breast.
Any ideas are welcome!

cut the chicken up in bite size pieces.. dip in some shake and bake.. and bake it.. simple and easy :)

Just an idea.

Take the mac and cheese, add some sliced green olives (OK black ones would probably work) put them in a ramekin, top with concasse tomatoes (peeled, seeded, and diced, or just seed some tomatoes and dice), and sprinkle with some spices (thyme, basil, many would work). And heat.

And serve as an appetizer.

Cook your chicken, cut into pieces, and add to the bean salad as the main course.

Serve with a few slices of baguette, a nice glass of red wine, and I think it would work.

Just an idea.

Enjoy your evening.

Put the chicken breasts in a casserole, spread a can of Golden Mushroom Soup, or any Cream of Soup over the top, cover, and bake in 350 oven until tender. It will taste great with the mac & cheese. If you want, add a can of drained mushrooms and a few pimentoes, if you have them. Sometimes I lay thin slices of tomato and or thin strips of sweet pepper over the top.
If you don't want to use soup, BBQ sauce or salsa are other alternatives.

Or cut the breasts into chicken fingers, marinate in Italian dressing, then roast, uncovered, We do that a lot.
If you opt for Shake and Bake, add some grated Parmesan and garlic/herb seasoning to the coating mix. Or you could add a bit of Cajun or taco seasoning mix...whatever is lurking in your cabinet.

You know what, I always love the taste of bacon with macaroni cheese. But if this is more of a special meal, how about gammon steak. Grill on a ridged pan and ya està, as the Spanish would say.

Havocbean said:
Hey everyone,
Well tonight I'm making dinner for a girlfriend, its a bit of an "eclectic" dinner.. a bean salad, some home made macaroni and cheese.. I figure I'd make some meat as well, and I figured poultry would suit this weird presentation of food..
Does anyone have an idea of what I could possibly make?
I'd be using a chicken breast.
Any ideas are welcome!

What did you end up making, Havoc? How did your girlfriend like the dinner?

Lee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom