Need brine recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marinades are about flavoring (usually) a protein

Brines are about juciness and tenderness and only work with pork, poultry and shrimp.

Marinades are about flavoring (usually) a protein

Brines are about juciness and tenderness and only work with pork, poultry and shrimp.

Interesting, I've never brined shrimp or even thought to do so. It can't require a very long brining.

Jen, how do you flavor a shrimp brine?

The recipe sounds interesting. Shrimp cocktail is still my favorite way to eat shrimp.

"...eviscerate the shrimp..." Sounds evil.

Yes they are similar.

Corning is a preservative process and uses a higher salt concentration for a lot longer period than brining.

Andy M.: you are something else, you know everything about cooking. Did you ever consider writing a cook book?

Thank you for the lovely compliment.

Not writing a book. I may know some stuff pretty well but there are a lot of folks here that know more than I do about stuff too.

Thank you for the lovely compliment.

Not writing a book. I may know some stuff pretty well but there are a lot of folks here that know more than I do about stuff too.

I think you underestimate your talents, you really helped me with my hummus, it is now better than the $8.99 per lb hummus @ the Med. store. Thanks again for all your help and never leave this forum please.;)

I was thinking about brining this week and wondering how to do it and up pops this thread. I knew I had seen this here before but hadn't gotten around to searching for it. Thanks for the bump and I've copied all the instructions and recommendations. Not sure when I'll give it a go but it's nice to have the information.

Back
Top Bottom