Need help with baked chicken thighs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchengoddess8

Sous Chef
I put a little ghee and some seasoning on the chicken thighs, and now they are ready to bake. What temp should I bake them at and for how long? Thanks!

I baked them for 45 minutes. My oven is small and they were getting overlooked. The ghee made them nice and moist - first time I ever basted chicken with it.

sounds good, goddess.

i agree with a little less time (35 to 45 minutes tops), and i would have first seared them on the stovetop before dotting with a compund herb butter rather than ghee (why go through the trouble to make ghee here when it's not needed?)

have you ever tried adding frsh herbs to butter for use in broiling or roasting? thyme, sage, basil, dill, rosemary, taragon, savory, and parsley are all great to add to butter., individually or in combos.

sounds good, goddess.

i agree with a little less time (35 to 45 minutes tops), and i would have first seared them on the stovetop before dotting with a compund herb butter rather than ghee (why go through the trouble to make ghee here when it's not needed?)

have you ever tried adding frsh herbs to butter for use in broiling or roasting? thyme, sage, basil, dill, rosemary, taragon, savory, and parsley are all great to add to butter., individually or in combos.

+1

My nutritionist recommended that I use ghee so I made a batch for general consumption. I didn't make it just for this dish. I like the idea of adding fresh herbs to the ghee and will try it next time.

As far as nutrition goes I'm not sure how ghee is different than butter, since ghee is just butter with milk solids removed.

ghee lasts longer, but could the milk solids be a no no in a gluten free diet? i don't know, just guessing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom