Pan roasted chicken breast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNoodleIncident

Senior Cook
i plan to sear some skin-on chicken breasts before finishing them in the oven....i would obviously start skin side down, but should i flip it or leave it that way before moving the skillet to the oven? was thinking 350-375* for 30-40 minutes (relatively large, bone in breasts - did it for 25 minutes last time and was not nearly enough)

was hoping for a crispy skin with juicy interior

any ideas for seasoning and a pan sauce? i will prob just work with what i have in the house, but could use some inspiration

I would flit it if you want a crispy skin otherwise juices will drip down while it is roasting and make the skin soggy.

To do a bone-in, skin-on breast, I'd skip the pan and go right to the oven. Roast the breast @ 400 F until it's about done then turn on the broiler to crisp up the skin.

For supper tonight i did chicken parts w/ bones in as you woulf do a pot roast. Seasoned the chicken salt & pepper, put in roasting pan with potatoe carrots lil onions some cut up celery a gralic cloes crushed up and lil chix broth (or just water i have done) and a couple dabs of butter on top of the chicken cover and cook 350 for about hour and rest uncover and let chix brown up and cook till done. great tasing veggies and drippings make a great gravy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom