Pan-Roasted Chicken/Didn't Read Whole Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Girl49

Cook
Made a CI pan-roasted chicken with shallots, wine, and thyme last night...my first time pan-roasting a cut-up bird. As I've done a number of times lately, got excited about recipe and failed to read it all the way through. While pan sauce was good, it didn't taste as rich as I hoped. I realized while cleaning up dishes that I forgot to stir in the 3 TBS of butter needed after taking sauce off the fire! Still pretty tasty, better for the waistline o:) I love to read in general...I just to read the recipe!! :rolleyes:

I seem to remember forgetting an ingredient in something a few months ago. Now I read and re-read several times to make sure I've not fogotten anything. And if I recall, it was also butter at the end.

When I am making something new, particularly with a lot of steps and ingredients, I like to remeasure everything. I also group things that go in at the same time. It helps in not forgetting something, unless of course I grouped it and set it on top of the fridge. :LOL:

Exactly, Frank!
Or you mise en place too early and set some of the ingredients back in the fridge.

Back in Fridge

That's exactly what happened...Recipe said to cut 3 TBS butter in three pieces and keep cold. Out of sight, out of mind. :ohmy:

I made a zucchini bread last year and what did I almost forget to put in? The zucchini. If it wasn't so dry without it I would have definitely forgotten it.

I once had a friend who was a programmer tell me, "It is not a bug. There are never bugs in my program. It's an undocumented feature."

As a cook, I don't make mistakes. No, no. I simply have my own take on the recipe. In this case, I'd obviously be trying to lighten it for health reasons. (It's my story and I'm sticking by it.) :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom