PeppA got a good buy on a Turkey today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
I came home from work to a surprise. She bought a 21# Tom turkey today. It was ticketed for $36, and she managed to get $15 off, for a net price of $21, or $1.00/lb. I'd say she got a good buy!

Way to go PeppA!:mrgreen:

Our gas is probably more expensive than yours is, but our local supermarket is selling turkey at 49 cents/lb. I can't wait until Tuesday (payday) when I can afford to by a couple of big turkeys. I stick them in the freezer to provide good meals for the holidays and beyond. I usually get about 4 of them. Turkey used as a loss-leader in the supermarket is a wonderful thing.:chef:

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I love getting all those cheap turkeys around the holidays and then making them every couple of weeks! YUM!
My grocery store has a deal where, if you purchase at least $25 at the store, you can get turkeys for $5 (up to 18 lbs) or $7 (over 18 lbs). So far I've bought 3!
Last Sunday I cooked the first one in my roaster, and put a lemon off of our tree inside (halved), added chicken stock, basil and oregano and a bit of black pepper. Then I rubbed EVOO over the skin and added some garlic. YUM!

Peppa got a great buy, she is one little wheeler dealer good job..
The market I shop at give you turkey bucks and I managed to get enough of them to only pay 3.00 for a 26.00 turkey yesterday...Plus the checker was having a hard time with the scales so I got two heads of Frise lettuce gratis:LOL:

kadesma

mudbug said:
kadesma, gotta love them clueless checkers. Bless their little high school hearts.
Yep, and I even offered to go weight it in the produce section:LOL: The owner of the market was right there and looked at my tab and said to not charge..So I guess that might be considered good customer relations:LOL:
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom