Price on whole chicken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kamp

Senior Cook
How much does a whole chicken cost where you live per lbs?

When I was in daytona beach I found chicken down to 0,99$/lbs up to 6.99$/lbs.

Depends on the type of chicken. If it is a scrawny fryer, then it is .99/lb (or even less). For a nicer roasting chicken, it can be much higher. And for a natural, free range chicken, even more.

The cheapest whole chicken that is possible to buy in norway cost 4,50$/lbs. This is best to boil not to roast.

Roasting chickens cost 7$/lbs.

Organic 11$/lbs.

Around here, whole chickens range from $0.99/Lb to $1.69/Lb based on size and brand. On sale, you can get whole chickens for $0.69/Lb.

As mentioned, I can get "Fryers" for under a buck a pound at the Korean Market.................

the mainstream markets are selling the plumpest ones for $2.69 or more.................

Around here, whole chickens range from $0.99/Lb to $1.69/Lb based on size and brand. On sale, you can get whole chickens for $0.69/Lb.

I have similar prices here in the the Chicago area. I just bought boneless/skinless breasts for $1.99 per lb yesterday. Bonless/skinless thighs $1.60 per lb.

I went crazy and bought 12 lbs of the breasts and ground them all up for future meatball and meatloaf applications.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom