"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2017, 05:54 AM   #21
Wine Guy

I've never made this recipe with tomatoes. That sounds good, though. I'll have to try it.

I've used the recipe below from the New York Times on a couple of occasions, and it comes out wonderfully. Lots of garlic in their recipe, though. Which is okay with me, because I love garlic.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...cken-provencal

Old 05-19-2017, 06:12 AM   #22
Senior Cook

Steve,

Believe me, it is scrumptuous. Yes, I have read the recipe, on the NY Times Website.

If you refer to the Research Box, on the Gourmet Magazine website, and look at Chicken Provençal, it is very similar to the NY Times recipe, also without tomatoes.

However, if you notice, my 2nd recipe (1st post), we only use a few red ripe tomatoes in the dish and of course, if you prefer more garlic, this is an enhancer.

Give it a shot, as it is really an amazing recipe ! I dredge the chicken in the herbs and spices and it is simply outstanding.

Provençal means: Tomato, olives, garlic, Evoo, shallot or onion, fresh bell or similar peppers and anchovies ..

Thanks alot and have a wonderful weekend.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:46 PM   #23
Senior Cook

Jenny,

There are 2 recipes here. One is from Gourmet Magazine.

The other is a true Provençal récipe ( with tomatoes ).

The instructions can be that you can oven bake or do stove top and dredge the chicken breasts in the herb mixture and sautée in Evoo.

See Kayelle´s Post. I wrote the instructions for her there.

You can go to Gourmet Magazine and see my 1st page for the author´s name of the récipe ..

Thank you and have a nice day.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:22 PM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
Jenny,

There are 2 recipes here. One is from Gourmet Magazine.

The other is a true Provençal récipe ( with tomatoes ).

The instructions can be that you can oven bake or do stove top and dredge the chicken breasts in the herb mixture and sautée in Evoo.

See Kayelle´s Post. I wrote the instructions for her there.

You can go to Gourmet Magazine and see my 1st page for the author´s name of the récipe ..

Thank you and have a nice day.

This is the second time you've replied to me about the recipes, but I asked no questions about them so I'm not sure why you are replying to me ...

Your recipe looks a lot better than the Gourmet one, though!
Old 06-01-2017, 05:09 PM   #25
Senior Cook

Jennyema,

I thought you did on page 1 of the post.

Have a lovely evening.

Tags
boneless chicken breasts., chicken, oven, recipe

Provençal Chicken with Herbes De Maquis GOURMET MAGAZINE was published between 1941 - 2009 and during my university days, I had subscribed to it and had saved all the editions in storage for my 2 sons. NOTE: There are 2 recipes here, 1 from Gourmet Magazine and 1 which I have adopted from travelling through Provençe. Here is the recipe FOR 4 Written By: William Sertl. 1 pound boneless breasts of chicken 1/4 Cup Unbleached Flour 1 Flat Anchovy Fillet 1/2 Cup Dry French White Wine or similar 3/4 Cup Chicken Stock homemade or Chicken Broth 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic 2 Tblsps. French style butter 10 pitted cured black olives sliced evenly lenghtwise 3 Teaspoons of Evoo - Provençal if possible or Italian 1 Tablespoon Fresh shredded Basil .. Additional if you wish: Herbes De Maquis: Parsely, Basil, Mint, Rosemary, Thyme & Oregano. Tomatoes: 1 pound ( not in this recipe above ) NOW, I have altered the recipe a bit over the years and after having travelled extensively throughout the Provençal Region while doing my Masters in France. Tomatoes are a key ingredient in Provençal cuisine. My recipe is: 1 pound of fresh red ripened tomatoes shallots Brine cured black olives drained 4 large garlic cloves 3 tablsp. Evoo from Provençe or Tarragona 1 tablespoon divided in half: of "Herbes de Maquis" 1/2 tablesp. of fennel seeds ( optional ) Chicken Boneless Breasts: 2 Pounds Fresh Parsley 1 anchovy fillet Salt and black pepper 1 glass of French white wine 1 glass of homemade chicken stock So, do note: There are its nuances in the 2 recipes .. I also prepare the above chicken in oven and put the tomatoes, shallot, garlic, salt and black freshly grinded pepper and the herbes in oven in a shallow pan drizzled with Evoo .. Have a lovely day .. 3 stars 1 reviews