Purpose of potassium in a KFC CopyCat marinade recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KFC has REALLY Gone down hill, IMO. Not like I eat it regularly, but the last time we are it, it marked "The Last time I am eating that again" moment. Just drab, and poorly prepared. . .I mean, it is fast food, but still. Maybe it's the kids that are now manning the stations?

I regularily use potassium chloride as a salt replacement.

i have noticed in the threads that there may be some confusion about cooking methods as it relates to the copycat kfc recipe kfc uses pressure fryers for the original recipe cooking and deep fryers for the extra crispy recipe, now i personally have used my pressure cooker with about a cup and a half of oil and med heat and reproduced the original recipe chicken so close that when mixed with the actual store bought chicken know one could tell, now as the repairman for the equipment, deep fryers, pressure fryers vari kfc equipment is made just for them just like mc donalds,popeyes,bugerking and so on now the basic fryers like chester,henny penny, are used as brand or trade names for smaller clients.
Also the cooking oil vari`s from user to user .
Now as a cook i too would like to know what is needed and how to make EXTRA CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN as compaired to the big three popeyes, kfc, churchs,

Back
Top Bottom