Quick Chicken/rice dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Last night I needed to get dinner ready early, as Kim is working long (10 hr) third shifts all weekend.
I sliced chicken breasts into strips, tossed them minced garlic (from a jar) and soy sauce, then browned them off in a large skillet with a little olive oil. I had a beautiful sweet red pepper (should'a been...cost $1.79), so I sliced it into strips, and added to the chicken and let it cook a bit, then opened a package of chicken flavor, reduced sodium Rice-a-Roni, dumped the rice/vermicelli mixture in with the chicken, and let it brown. I then added the water called for and the seasoning packet and let the mixture come to a boil. After it cooked about 10 minutes, I added a package of frozen stir-fry vegies, and let all simmer until rice was tender and liquid absorbed. When using frozen vegies like that, use about 1/4 cup less water than called for on package, as the vegies will add additional liquid of there own.
Serve with soy sauce on the side.
Dinner was ready in under an hour.

Sounds good. DH comes back from the farm late today so I'm thinking about making a Been enchilada casserole if I can find one just like I want. It has been good not having to cook all week.

Back
Top Bottom