REC--Balsamic Rosemary Chicken Breasts TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
PDS, I saw your comment that you like anything balsamic so thought I'd post one of my favorites for you. It's probably a lot like abj's.

Balsamic Rosemary Chicken Breasts

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (or enough to coat chicken--I never measure)
2 Tbsp EVOO (same as above, I never measure)
3 stems rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped, about 2 Tbsp (or 1 Tbsp dried)
4 cloves garlic, cracked and peeled
Salt and coarse black pepper

Coat chicken in balsamic vinegar, then olive oil. Season chicken with rosemary, salt and pepper. Let stand 10 minutes. Heat medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cracked garlic to pan. Cook 12 minutes or until the juices run clear, turning occasionally. The balsamic vinegar will produce a deep brown, sweet finish on the chicken as it cooks.

quick chicken question

I'm wanting to cook this in the oven rather than sauteeing it. What temp/time do you suppose it would take, since I'm using chicken breasts with the ribs still attached?

Last edited:
jkath said:
I'm wanting to cook this in the oven rather than sauteeing it. What temp/time do you suppose it would take, since I'm using chicken breasts with the ribs still attached?
jkath,
with bones is going to take longer, I'd start at 325 for 20 min, then cut into one and see..I'd also watch to makes sure they don't need covering to keep from drying up and out..It should be great when done...I also would put a little butter on bottom of baking pan..
Let us know how they turn out
kadesma:)

Last edited by a moderator:
My family loved it!! The chicken was beautiful!

I used 6 whole breasts with ribs attached, so here's what I did:

I baked it in a 11x17 (I think that's the size) pyrex dish, greased with butter, loosely covered in foil at 325 for the first 15 minutes, then it needed a lot more help, so I uncovered it and went to 375 for the next 15. Still it needed a push, so 15 minutes at 400.
It came out unbelievably moist!

As for the prep, I put the balsamic and evoo in seperate little pans and dipped the chicken into them, then placed them in the dish.
Also, since I didn't sautee it, I chopped the garlic and sprinkled it with the rosemary, salt and pepper on the tops of the chicken.

I served it with mashed white potatoes w/half & half for extra creaminess, and my asparagus in garlic butter recipe.

Back
Top Bottom