Rec: Raspberry Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I needed to use up a roasting chicken and wanted something quick to put together. I haven't made this in ages and since I had everything on hand decided to make it.
I used:
1- roasting chicken
1-c. white wine
1/4-c. raspberry syrup
1-bunch flat leaf parsley
2-Tab. butter and
fresh raspberries for garnish

I rinsed the chicken and dryed it. Sprinkled it inside and out with salt and pepper. In a small bowl I mixed the wine and syrup. I rubbed this mix into the chicken skin. Cut off the stems of the bunch of parsly then put the bunch in the cavity of the chicken. Place chicken on rack in roasting pan and roast in a 425 oven about 1 hour or til done, but stil moist and tender. When it was done, I removed from oven and raosting pan and put it to rest for about 15 minutes before carving. Put the roasting pan over low heat and I used a whisk to scrape the pan dripping on the bottom of the pan. Then whisk in the 1/2 cup of syrup and wine and simmer about 5 min. Stir in the butter, 1 Tab. at a time til melted and sauce is just slightly thickened..Carve the bird and place pieces of your platter, drizzle sauce over pieces and surround the meat with the raspberries..If you have extra sauce , pass it on the side. I just had plain rice cooked in chicken broth and onion and put some of the sauce on top, asparagus with mayo, and cantaloupe slices... Easy, tasty, a little different.

kadesma:)

Hi Pds,
this is so easy I almost feel guilty letting Gil think I slaved all day:LOL: The raspberry syrup makes a nice change from rosemary and garlic or lemon.. Hope you like it.
Kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom