Regarding Chicken Bouillon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oppose

Cook
Hiyas everyone. well i guess im feeling inspired today cooking wise and i bought some amish cornish game hens ( ithink thats the name of it). i was thinking putting into the oven in a cooking pan with some oranges, parsley, onions and a liquid. i guess thats where the chicken bullion comes in but ive never made anything like that before, whats the process, do i boil a pot of water and just add the bullion? should i put the onions n carrets in that pot first and then in the cooking pan? should i even put the liquid in the cooking pan? thanks in advance.

Chicken Bouillon is just powdered chicken stock. You add the cube or powder to 3/4 or 1 cup of warm water and let it dissolve. Stir to incorporate, and you have chicken stock. You can easily sub in a can or boxed version of liquid chicken stock. Or skip the chicken stock and use wine! Or some other liquid of your choosing.

I love those Cornish Game Hens. Little or no preparation needed. I just toss everything in my crockpot (slow cooker) in the morning. By dinner the meat literally falls off the bone.

You can do the same with whole chickens too. You can even toss in a totally frozen bird (thawed enough to get the innards out first) and it will thaw and cook totally in the slow cooker. No extra water needed since they will provide enough as it cooks.

i ended up marinating the cornish game hens in some italian dressing ( had success with it on a steak figured why not) and stuffed it each with half a orange. to top it off i heated up some honey and brushed them both and sprinkled some oregano on top. smells good so far, i put it in at 350degrees at 8:10, gonna check up on it in 10 minutes and see the temp.

ive never used a meat thermamoter before, in the recipe online it says the tempature of the thigh meat should be 160 degrees but i didnt have any butchers twine so the cooking wont be as even, what temp should i be looking for and can i check the breast section or whatever? i had in mind cooking it for an hour and 20minutes or so.

You can tie it with regular sewing thread. Use non-colored (white cotton) thread and wrap it a lot to hold it. Works VERY well. I've done it with much success.

Back
Top Bottom