Rotisserie Chicken leftovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another vote for recycling the carcass and trimmings into stock. I've been known to buy a rotisserie chicken or two just for making soup. The one I've been on a kick for right now is a copycat recipe for Panera's creamy chicken wild rice soup: Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Recipe - Allrecipes.com I've doubled the amount of the rice packets and still don't think there's enough rice. Will add lots of rice to the next pot.

Also, if you have nice large slices of breast meat they make a very nice panini with crispy bacon and avocado slices. A bit of mayo, a piece of lettuce and heaven!:chef:

Leftover rotisserie chicken

You can always de-bone the chicken, put bbq sauce on it and make sandwiches with french fries or with just bbq chicken with some sides.

I don't buy the rotisserie chickens but I roast one at least once a week.

Chicken enchiladas made with all sorts of ingredients.
Chicken tacos
Chicken nachos
Chicken scramble
Chicken chili
Chicken fried rice
Pho with chicken
Chicken salad with walnuts and cranberries
Curry chicken salad
Soups of all sorts
Chicken alfredo
Chicken stuffed Chili rellenos

Chicken quesadillas, sandwiches for lunches, pot pies, stir fry(put chix in last), I always have broth on hand, some soup add in some tortellini , make gravy from broth and have hot chicken sammys, make some Spanish rice add some kielbasa, seafood and the chix or paella. I make the pioneer's chicken spaghetti a lot with leftovers
here's the link to that --> Chicken Spaghetti | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond

Slice the meat off, save the carcass for the soup stock, cranberry sauce, Stove Top Stuffing for chicken, a jar of chicken gravy, veggie of choice, and some mashed potatoes. You now have a poorman's rendition of a non-turkey thanksgiving dinner.

My kids have never like turkey. So we always had three roasted chickens at Thanksgiving. Just not the poorman's version. When they were really small, they thought we were really rich because we had three turkeys for dinner. All their friends had only one. Why can't kids stay so gullible? :angel:

I make chicken soup with leftover chicken, chicken broth (about 8 cups, I use chicken base in a jar with water, but canned broth is good too) , a bag of frozen mixed veggies, and a 1/2 lb of dry pasta-I prefer rotini or mini bowties. I add a generous TBSP of jarred pesto (LOVE the pesto from Trader Joe's, I use a lot of it!) and serve. The whole soup can be done in like 15 min and seems to improve with reheating the next day.

my other favorite with leftover chicken is a fruity chicken salad. 3 cups of diced chicken, 1 small can of pineapple tidbits, drained, a small can or mandarin oranges, drained. about 20 grapes cut in half and 1/2 cup of chopped pecans. 1/2 cup of mayo and 1/4 tsp of curry powder. This is good just on top of lettuce or with whole grain bread.

Back
Top Bottom