Rotisserie Chicken question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Earlzach

Assistant Cook
Not sure if this belongs in this forum or general,
However, I have a 5lbs purdue oven stuffer that I have rubbed a little with Sunny dilight, garlic powder and butter and Rosemary.
(my Avitar picture:mrgreen: )
And I would like to do it up in my George Forman Baby Rotisserie but I dont have my time sheet or recipie card that came with the oven. Could anyone help my figure out how long to cook this Chicken in the Rotisserie?

Earlzach - this is indeed the right forum! Just so you'll know I did remove your other post that was in the Appliance sub forum.

I have a larger rotisserie and usually roast a tad smaller whole chickens - Mine cook in about 1 hour - a 5-pounder might take 1 1/2 hours I'm guessing. But that should be pretty close. Unless a baby rotisserie cooks differently.

Someone might happen by that has a more exact answer for you.

Thank you this is a good start.
I cant wait to get her started.
243799.jpg

It looks mighty fine!!!! Just remember to tie the bird up at the legs, wings, etc. with kitchen twine. I bet it's going to be really good!!!!

Be sure to let the bird rest for about 10 - 15 minutes before slicing it. The first slice cut into the leg/thigh area and check for doneness. If not quite done tie it back up and cook for another 20 minutes or so.

Yeah ROBO dont be crasher bring a platter,

And did I mention the wife is Pregnant so easy on the sodium,lol

I started the little guy at 150 minutes (2.5 hour2) sound OK? . I will just keep a sharp eye on it after about the first hour and a half.

I think that will be great! I love for the skin to get nice and dark and crispy - the meat does nothing but get more tender!!!

Congrats on the "little one" too.

Just to say thanks to all for the kind chat today.
Dinner was a hit. Just awesome. The chicken on the Baby George Rotisserie took 1.5 hours. And was falling off the bone perfect. Juicy and now I cant move. (I'm a :pig:gy). I served it up with Garlic herb Mashed and green beens. I know I will find my way back for more help and dinner dishes. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom