Rotisserie turkey, how to secure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rickm

Assistant Cook
We have a deep frying rotisserie and was able to secure the bird without issues the first time but the second, not so much. Was thinking of trying a meat net this time. Will that work? The bird will be about 15#'s, lookalike a number 24 is the biggest????

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I kinda don’t understand this. A “rotisserie” is basically meat on a spit that rotates over (and sometimes in front of) a heat source. Deep frying involves submerging the meat in hot oil. How does a deep frying rotisserie work? Mind you, I’ve never rotisseried anything, and I really suck at deep frying, so I’m probably not your go to person!

Welcome to DC, RickM!

The instead of rotating over heat, the meat is half submerged in a deep fryer at any given time as it rotates. It uses a lot less oil. You can do a search for a Waring Pro Turkey Deep Fryer

I looked it up, and watched the video on the Waring website. I've never seen anything like it.

I rotisserie cook on my charcoal grill all the time, and always just tie my birds with butcher's twine. It takes a lot of tying for a turkey. Have you looked at the video at the Waring site? They show how they tie a turkey with butcher's twine.

I have bought roasts with meat netting, but have never netted any meat at home. You will still have to make sure the net is very tight all over the bird.

I would tend to stick with twine, and just make sure to use a lot of it, and tie it tight.

That's all I got.

CD

The instead of rotating over heat, the meat is half submerged in a deep fryer at any given time as it rotates. It uses a lot less oil. You can do a search for a Waring Pro Turkey Deep Fryer
Of course, I could do a search, but I’m a very lazy person (others on the site will back me up on that), and you posting a link would be so much easier. For me, anyway! ;)

I'm guessing it rotates horizontally through a bath of hot oil.

Lol, my first thought would be that otherwise, vertically, it would have to be a huge, gyroscopic thing.

Nonetheless, try some chickenwire. You can make it as tight as needed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom