"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 11-09-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Question Sauce to go with chicken wrapped in parma ham/pancetta

Hi

I am cooking a simple meal for a lady friend and me (trying to impress!)

I am not the worlds best cook and so I was looking for some advice. I am going to cook chicken breasts that are stuffed with mozerella cheese and wrapped in parma ham/pancetta with grilled asparagus and buttered spinache (sp?)

I was wondering if you could suggest a simple sauce that could accompany this? or whether you think i should have a sauce?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

Old 11-09-2007, 10:59 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicook85 View Post
Hi

I am not the worlds best cook and so I was looking for some advice. I am going to cook chicken breasts that are stuffed with mozerella cheese and wrapped in parma ham/pancetta with grilled asparagus and buttered spinache (sp?)

I was wondering if you could suggest a simple sauce that could accompany this? or whether you think i should have a sauce?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris
No sauce needed if chicken is moist enough other than that mayby a really light simple tomato or roasted red pepper sauce to put on the bottom of plate put chicken on top I would skip a cream sauce as you have the cheese and so forth making it rich enough.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

I wouldn't do a sauce with this personally! Enjoy the mozzarella and pancetta!

Fun!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

Are you wrapping the chicken in both parma ham and pancetta or haven't decided which one?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:00 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

I havent decided which to wrap it in yet, i like pancetta when its cooked right its quite tough/crispy like bacon.

thanks for the advice guys :) ill have a think and hopefully choose the right combo :)

Thanks,
Chris
Old 11-09-2007, 12:01 PM   #6
Master Chef

The ham/pancetta is supposed to be crispy, right? Not sure if I'd sauce it either.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:34 PM   #7
Head Chef

I vote for no sauce. I would probably try to get a touch of color on the plate, maybe a bit of tomato or pimento or other garnish. But it sounds great just the way it is.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:03 PM   #8
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicook85 View Post
Hi

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris
Welcome to DC, Chris.

You could either add a little pesto to the mozzarella stuffing (along w some roasted red peppers), or rub a light coating of pesto into the chickens breasts prior to cooking. Just a thought.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:12 PM   #9
Executive Chef

A sauce will bring the dish together and will also help in the event your chicken does turn out dry. If you're trying to impress someone, don't hold back.

Try this recipe for a basic sauce that will marry well with the flavors in the chicken, as well as with the other foods on the plate:

Basic Beurre Blanc
Old 11-09-2007, 01:56 PM   #10
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef View Post
A sauce will bring the dish together and will also help in the event your chicken does turn out dry. If you're trying to impress someone, don't hold back.

Try this recipe for a basic sauce that will marry well with the flavors in the chicken, as well as with the other foods on the plate:

Basic Beurre Blanc
I like your recipe for beurre-blanc, IC, especially since I like cream and hate tarragon. Sounds delicious, and would be great on unicook's chicken.

But I get too impatient when I have to reduce liquids, and don't let them go long enough. How long would you guess it takes to reduce 3/4 cup to 3 T?

Can ready-made beurre-blanc be purchased?????

Lee

Tags
None