Take out chicken when increasing oven temp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And since we're only talking 5 minutes, it's not going to add to the overall roasting time (which was the original comment I was trying to address), other than the 5 minutes it was out of the oven. I know from practical experience that removing a bird or a chunk of roast for a few minutes for whatever reason and putting it back into the oven doesn't impact the overall cooking time. The outer surface will cool some as heat transfers to the center. However, the time is too short for the overall to really go down enough to add to the cooking time. And I know this appears to contradict what I've been saying, but not really. I've been talking about internal temperature so as long as internal temp is continuing to rise (pulling heat from the surface), the meat won't take longer to roast when putting back into the oven as the entire piece won't have gotten to the point of overall decreasing temperature.

OK, let us know how it turns out.

I'm curious. Almost everyone who responded to this question said not to take the bird out. Why did you decide to do so?

Back
Top Bottom