Teriyaki Wings Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
I did this last night and they were FABULOUS if I do say so myself. First ingredient is patience because they are baked, not fried.

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
In sauce pan combine:
1 Bottle World Harbor Teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup honey
1/4 brown sugar

Heat until bubbly.

Wash one pound (or more if you like) package of chicken "winglets" (whole wings would work but the winglets are the generally the drumlet portion only)
Layer in a shallow cooking dish.

Pour bubbly sauce over winglets slightly covering about 1/3 of the bottom.

Bake for 10 minutes, turn. Bake 10 minutes, turn. Repeat a couple of times so that wings get glossy. When internal temp reaches 170, pull from oven and place wings in remaining sauce. Place wire cooling rack in cookie sheet and place wings on top of cooling rack. Place wings back in oven 5-7 minutes depending on desired crispiness of outside.

Cool and eat.

It was a great change from spicy wings. Only problem, I forgot to take pictures so I'll need ;) to be doing this again tomorrow. Even my daughter loved these and she's picky.

When you get home put under the broiler for a quick minute. That would do wonders on the sauce and not take as much time.

This all came about because Walmart was out of their wings. I decided to make my own and they were ssoooooooooooooo much better. It just took a long time. Worth it though. Totally worth it. I got double the amount for the price by making my own.

Okay ~ Pictures ~

Winglets waiting for the oven
img_673712_0_8d834bca40809cace1f589769fb2ef92.jpg

Winglets getting yummy on the cooling rack
img_673712_1_2f9328df12982b986ca9c3894fa39015.jpg

Finished Product
img_673712_2_68773611bdaabd95e4415173adeb2821.jpg

Yes, I made them again last night :)

oh those look yummy! I think i'll try those tomorrow. 1 quick question. About how long does yours take in the oven? I have to pick up a good thermometer. both i have dont work properly or i just dont know what i'm doing.

I LOVE homemade wings and teriyaki is a favorite! Baked is also preferred....so...I've got my printer going. I just have to find that glaze...never mind...I clicked on the link and I have seen this stuff at the grocery store!

Thanks. I love the way honey bakes up - all sticky and gooey. And the sacrifice you had to make (making them again) to post a picture - that's just so thoughtful! :LOL:

oh those look yummy! I think i'll try those tomorrow. 1 quick question. About how long does yours take in the oven? I have to pick up a good thermometer. both i have dont work properly or i just dont know what i'm doing.
They do take about an hour but that's with opening the oven a lot to turn them in the glaze and then finishing them off takes about 10 minutes. I admittedly do cook on 350 so they cook slower to get more flavor.

I admit, I'm making them again tonight because, well, I need to perfect the recipe.

Adding just a touch of ginger adds a new twist. Avoid seasame seeds, they just burn.

I'm thinking about making these tomorrow with a copy cat pizza hut pizza recipe so we'll see how it goes. If you have any additional tips from your trial tonight please let us know. Thanks so much for the recipe they look delish.

Wow. Those look so messy sticky good! :)

Thanks. I'll be giving these a try. The sauce sounds like a nice changeup to put in my wing arsenal.

How about a bit of toasted sesame oil instead?
I don't think it needs it. I had some sesame honey teriyaki sauce that I thought I'd try and it didn't work so that's why I tossed out don't use the seeds.

I did try SIL's slow cook idea tonight and while they were good, but they weren't as good. Slow cooking is great but you have to have a little bit of fresh sauce that hasn't got any chicken fat in it for the final glazing. So if you slow cook them, make sure you reserve some sauce to glaze with. It just adds so much punch.

I can see how slow-cooking wouldn't quite do the trick. Chicken normally has to be cooked faster to retain its moisture. Maybe thighs cooked in the crockpot with the same teriyaki sauce................?

I make some sticky balsamic glazed wings recipe and for the sesame seeds I just sprinkle them on top after they come out the oven....no worries for burning!

...............skuse me while I go get me some thighs and a certain Maui Mountain sauce, Longs drugs usually has a large supply of things Hawaiian.....

KE, you have a good seasoning to predust your birds parts with;) < not the grill seasoning but Vicky's House Seasoning................:ROFLMAO:

This was a really good sauce.
And while I cut it back some, by half, I need to find a way not to waste so much.... maybe just brush as they're cooking. Excellent sauce! Here they are outta da pot and into da fire (or onto the grill anyway;))

Attachments

• 8-31-2.jpg
    8-31-2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 211

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom