"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2017, 06:17 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrx View Post

dragnlaw-clicked the link (the new one I guess) don't know what you mean by click on the pic though. Anyway, yeah take a pic. It'll be cool! :)
There was a pic in my original post. But it was removed and replaced by a link to the site from where I got the recipe. In my own recipe, had I clicked on the pic it would have shown me where it came from. It doesn't work with all the recipes I have, I just came across another one I had not noted from where it came and it didn't work.

I copied a lot of recipes for my own use, never realizing I would be 'posting' them somewhere. I now try to be sure to note the link should I need it in future. Often (if it is from a blog) there are other comments I sometimes like to go back to and read over.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:07 PM   #12
Cook

thanks! yeah, always remember the source...for like anything! i always tell myself. :P

-------------------
was browsing thru the Thai section at the market today. yeah sriracha sause was there, but i forgot all the sugar it contains (i mean, i SHOULD be cutting all sugar like that) soo yeah, skipped that. oh! and there was a pack of Nori snacks, 10 small shhets for like $2.50. is that not pricey??!! skipped that. oh and coconut milk i wanted, but knew i could get it cheaper with a different brand. i must have passed that aisle already. maaaan! so Thai experiments might have to wait.

mcrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:59 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Fish sauce nam pla is more or less Thai salt. I've never seen authentic Thai recipes that ever call for salt. Fish sauce is salt and also a source of that umami flavor.

Greg Who Cooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chicken, coconut milk, free, freezer, recipe, thai

Thai Chicken for the Freezer [B]Thai Chicken[/B] Makes: 4 servings Serving Size: 3/4 cup chicken mixture Prep: 15 mins Freeze: Up to 4 months Stand: Thaw 20 minutes Ingredients • 1/4 cup unsweetened light coconut milk • 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce • 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter • 1 tablespoon lime juice • 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce • 12 ounces[U] cubed cooked chicken breast[/U] • 1 cup bite-size red sweet pepper strips (1 medium) • 1/2 cup thinly bias-sliced carrot (1 medium) • 1/2 cup fresh snow pea pods • 4 teaspoons sesame oil • Mixed salad greens, 8-inch multigrain flour tortillas, or multigrain flatbreads • Lime wedges For[URL="http://www.bhg.com/recipe/thai-chicken/#page=1"] Directions[/URL] I've had this recipe for awhile and I honestly don't know where I got it, I'd like to give credit but I just don't know to whom. Enjoy! it is very tasty. (and sorry about the size of pic - not used to it yet!) 3 stars 1 reviews