TNT chicken stuffed with goat cheese, mushrooms & art hearts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Well, here it is. I had the recipe typed out and saved on my computer but I can't find it. This may be somewhat vague, since I don't have the measurements. Here goes...
Chicken Breasts stuffed with Goat Cheese, Mushrooms & Artichoke Hearts
Serves 2
1 jar marinated Artichoke Hearts, sliced
6 mushooms, cut into quarters (or sixths if they're big)
TBS lemon juice
TBS dried breadcrumbs
2 Chicken Breasts
About an ounce of goat cheese
Garlic salt
Pepper

Preheat oven at 350F. Combine first 4 ingredients and mix well. Pound out your chicken breasts using a mallet until thin, but make sure you don't pound so thin you get holes in your chicken. Maybe about a centimeter thick. Season chicken with garlic salt & pepper. In the center of the chicken, put some goat cheese then a couple TBS of the mushrooms & art heart mixture. Roll it up like a jelly roll and secure with toothpicks. Save any leftover mushroom mixture. Sear the chicken breasts in olive oil over med-high heat, in an oven proof skillet, until they are brown on both sides. Then throw any leftover mushroom mixture in the skillet and put the whole skillet in the pan. Bake about 15 minutes.

We like this with wild rice and a salad. If you like it spicy, sometimes I add some cayenne to the filling. Texas girl, my dh likes this, as long as I don't tell him there's goat cheese in it.:LOL: If he knew, he probably wouldn't be thrilled (just like how I snuck goat cheese in the quiche last night. lol.) You could use a different cheese, maybe shredded mozz?
Let me know of any questions, I know it's not the greatest of instructions.

Wow, this sounds delicious!! I was about to say I may substitute goat cheese with some other cheese until I read the last bit. We usually don't care much for goat cheese (our "greek salad" transforms itself to something like "mediterranean salad" as we use fresh mozzarella instead!), but this may be a surprise. Like I can't stand gorgonzola raw by itself, but it adds a gorgeous flavour when you use it for quattro formaggi sauce or quiche.
Maybe I will be bold and give it a try with a goat cheese!

Corazon, I just saw this! LOL
Thanks, you know my my husband all too well!!
I'm still going to use goat cheese though and see what happens, aren't I mean??:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

I love this. I had to alter a little though.
I mixed the mushroom with bread crumbs and mozz for some. they don't like artichokes.
Then mixed artichoke, bread crumbs and feta in 2 for me, I don't like mushrooms. I also had to try a new shake and bake flavor that just hit our store. I breaded mine in parmessan crust.

It was goood!! 2 thumbs up corazon!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom