Tomorrow is the day turkey must be gone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbally

Cook
And so it is we come once again to the end of the Turkey's life in our reefer. That is correct folks… if it is still in there tomorrow morning you will be exceeding the recommended safe storage time limit in a commercial cooler. (And you home unit is probably not as good, so you're running the risk a little higher.)
My last Turkey meal to be consumed today will be my old standby for dark meat. Turkey vegetable and dumplings. Simple to make, fast to whip up… excellent with the Sage and Parsley dumplings we are going to make, and easy!

Start.jpg

Dark meat turkey chopped and salted as well as a little pepper. 2 Cups chicken stock… I am out of gravy since we have made three soups for the children to take frozen to college. The some decent vegetables. I an
using coined carrots, broccoli tips and some frozen peas. A little onion in there as well. While that is coming up to a boil, I am mixing 2 cups of biscuit mix with 2 Tbsp of dried parsley and 2 tsp of sage. 2/3
cup of milk and mix it quick.

bisuitmix.jpg

After the turkey and vegetables come to a boil, I drop the dumplings on top of food in the sauté pan.
topped.jpg

Then we are going to let that steam uncovered for about 10 minutes.

10minsteam.jpg

Followed by steaming it covered for another 10 minutes. Which will set the tops.

finishing.jpg

While the dumplings are finishing the magic. Rummage around for anything else useful that will need to go tomorrow as the deadline is upon us!

I found two slices of whole berry cranberry sauce and a few of the yams I made hiding in the reefer. Into the microwave with the yams and out of the reefer with the cranberry sauce. Put is all together and dinner is served!
plated.jpg

Yes watching the last of it go into the garbage can is bad… next year get to work on the leftovers earlier and you will accomplish what we have for four years now… nothing but the bones in the trash can……

'til we talk again…. use 'em up or they will make you sick as a dog!

Chef Bob Ballantyne
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering
Grand Junction, Colorado, USA

Except...in our house, the bones get put into a "swill," covered with water and allowed to cook into a broth to be poured over our outside kitties' dinner. Then, the bones are tossed into the trash.

I support the making of stock.. just prefer soup... but stock... it is good for kitties!:LOL:

Except...in our house, the bones get put into a "swill," covered with water and allowed to cook into a broth to be poured over our outside kitties' dinner. Then, the bones are tossed into the trash.

I adore kittens!!!;)

ooooo my mom makes so DELISH leftover turkey soup! She makes it seem so easy. MAN I should get that recipe! It would be great on a cold winter day with some buttery rolls to dip in the juice.....................sllluurrrppp! lol

Back
Top Bottom