Turducken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Turducken.

I saw Paula Dean do one of those on her show!! I'd love to do one, but it would have to be for a party or something. Too much for me to try to eat!!

But I'd love to try some of it to see how it tastes!!

One of my cooking goals is to do my own turducken from scratch. I have the instructions with photos downloaded and ready to go from Paul Prudhomme's website.

Thank you!!

WOW!! That's a meal in itself!!! Too much for me to eat and way too time-consuming to make!

Last edited:
I did a Turducken once. It wasn't "bad", but I wasn't all that impressed with it. There was just way too much going on with it. While the flavors meshed well, I think they really masked eachother in the process, though.

And seeing as how the total cost was a pretty penny more than a 4 bone prime rib roast (and more than double the cost of a 4 bone choice rib roast)...yeah, not worth it.

Sorry if I hijacked the theme of this from Stick Blenderxs to Turducken. We just wanted to have something ordered from Lousiana to help the recovery economy- besides, just about anyone can have prime rib, but Turducken takes a bit of planning. Anyone ever deep fry a Prime Rib? Oh, I'm really bad at getting off topic now. Too many communications with Rick Browne of Barbecue America on Public TV I guess? Merry Christmas and Happy Hollidays to all!

Back
Top Bottom