Turkey Breast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd recommend brining it first. Then you can pretty much do whatever you like and you'll still retain a juicy piece of meat. Do a search on here for Brining and you will come up with oodles of information. I'd get that link for you, but I am just about to run out the door. Sorry!

Just roast it with a liberal sprinkling of salt and coarse pepper. To a temp of 160 in th emeatiest part of the meat.
I am not a briner of poultry. I think it makes the meat mushy. I have no problem getting very juicy delicious poultry without brining.

Try stuffing it with the filling of your choice (mushrooms, creamcheese or goat cheese with fresh herbs, ...). Then cook it in the oven.
One stuffing I like doing on special occasions is with minced veal, chicken livers, truffle and cognac.

Happy Wednesday

Cooking a turkey breast in a glass pyrex dish is great. I don't remember what temperature to put it on - it is somewhere in my receipe file. You can add almost anything like seasonings, potatoes etc.

Also grease the dish very well or use Pam. That always worked for me.

Jill and Jolie

i always buy butterball that is already soaked in salt solution (brined), so i just pop it in the oven and follow its instruction voila!

I agree with Prada - just don't over cook it. Then it will be dry - I do a breast and small ham at Christmas - No waste, and the breast is always juicy !

I agree with Prada and Barb L - don't overcook it or it will be dry. That being said - I have had great success cooking turkey breast in a bag in the oven and also in the crockpot. In the crock, I rub skin with evoo, salt and pepper, cut an onion up in the cavity and cook it upside down-I add NO liquid. Very juicy and tender. I usually make a gravy with the drippings!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom