Turkey Leftovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Otter

Sous Chef
I'm thinking Turkey Tetrazzini or Turkey with Dumplings for Sunday (don't want to look at turkey between now and then - burp).

I love to just pick at some of the leftovers...but the main leftover meal will be Turkey Tetrazini. sp?

We had Turkey ala King last night, tonight I'm making Turkey Tortilla Soup with grilled turkey bacon and cheese sandwiches. Tomorrow will be Turkey Enchilada Casserole in Green Sauce.

Turkey ala King
2 Tbls butter
8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms (more if you like.. yum)
2 Tbls flour
1 1/2 C turkey stock (chicken broth would be fine)
3/4 C heavy cream
1 1/2 C chopped cooked turkey
1 C frozen mixed veggies (or whatever left over veggies you have)
salt and pepper
puff pastry

In a large skillet, melt butter and saute sliced mushrooms until tender. Sprinkle in flour, stir, cook a couple minutes. Slowly wisk in turkey stock. Cook until slightly thickened. Stir in cream, turkey and veggies. Reduce heat to low and cook until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over puffed pastry (or rice, toast, noodles)

i made soup today with a blender cause i was too lazy to make anything else. You take 3/4 yellow and 3/4 green zuchinii, 1 medium size carrot, 1/4 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 3 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 2 teaspoon chives, 3 teaspooon parsley, 2 teaspoon paprika, then 1/2 cup of turkey shreds 2 cups of boiling water maybe 2 1/2 cups. Blend it on low then slowly to high. Add in white pepper or black pepper ( i prefer white pepper). Turn blender to slow like 1 setting and add in 1/4 yellow and 1/4 red zuccinni and 1/4 cup of turkey shreds. add in more parsely and chives. Transfer to pot and heat up til it boils.

GMTA Spryte! I'm going to make Turkey Tortilla Soup Sunday night as well. By request, from my DW.

I'm probably also going to make a batch of poultry stock. I'm running low, and have a good quantity of chicken and turkey bones/scraps to use for stock.

Back
Top Bottom