Turkey Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chez suz

Senior Cook
So..I think I have decided on how to make my turkey. Its a recipe by Alton Brown....brined w/aromatics...gravy made from giblets and tawny port.
How are you making your turkey???

First I'm rinsing well with cold water, then massage 2 cups of cognac into it. Move skin under breasts. Nick Stellino showed on TV to smash up about 8 cloves of garlic, 4 tbs rosemary, 4 tbs sage, 1 tbs salt, 1 tsp pepper 4 tbs oil massage this fresh herb mix under skin of breasts and all over inside and out . Stuff with Italian style stuffing made with italian bread, parmesan, red bell pepper, sausage.

We will be smoking ours, just hickory and pecan.

turkeys.jpg

Oh, rainee, those look sooo good! You can't deliver to Pennsylvania, can you?!?!

If rainee isn't providing a turkey, I'll stuff ours and then make a soft compound butter with chopped sage, rosemary, and chives and "massage" that under the skin before it goes in the oven.

I just place my stuffing in the bird (this year its mushroom and pecan stuffing), place a bit of chicken broth in the bottom of the roaster, oil the bird with canola, place oiled foil over the top and bake til done, basting in between. I bake it on 350 for about 4 hours I think, depending on the size of my turkey, which is 13 lbs. I think I will add some celery, carrotts in the bottom of the roaster so I can make a good gravy with it along with the giblets.

Back
Top Bottom