Turkey Sage Meatball Sandwiches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
My mom served these for dinner once when I was at her house. I finally got the recipe from her yesterday. She typically doubles the recipe when she makes it.

Turkey Sage Meatball Sandwiches

1 large egg, white only
1 tablespoon chicken broth or dry white wine
2 tablespoon fine bread crumbs
½ teaspoon dried sage
¼ teaspoon salt
8 oz. ground lean turkey
2 tablespoons chopped dried cranberries
1 green onion, sliced thin
Cooking spray
2 French rolls
1 cup arugula, optional
2 oz. sliced thin Gouda cheese (I also use Mozzarella)
Dijon mustard

Combine well first five ingredients. Add turkey, cranberries, and green onion. Shape into 1½ inch meatballs. Spray baking pan with cooking spray. Place meatballs in pan. Bake at 450º F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink. Wrap French rolls in foil and warm in oven 6-8 minutes before meatballs are done. Spread Dijon mustard on rolls. Place half of arugula on roll, place meatballs on top, and then slices of cheese. Serves 2.

Last edited:
SIerra cook, these sound really great. I love the idea of the cranberries being in the meatballs. I defrosed some ground turkey (about 5 ounces) and have some cranberries frozen and dried, this is going to be it I think, but not sandwiches do not have the rolls, but h ave the fresh sage in my garden. Tell your Mama thanks.

SierraCook said:
Thanks, norgeskog!! My dad even likes this recipe and he can be kind of picky about certain things he eats.

The meatballs were amazing, SierraCook, thanks again. I really enjoyed them.

I use ground turkey to make what we call Hamburgers. Place the ground turkey in a bowl and add all the ingredients to make meatballs. Shape into
hamburger size. I usually make like a flat doughnut (poke a hole in middle).
Grill .

"Turkey Sage Meatball Sandwiches" - those sound good - copied and anticipating.

off topic -
SierraCook - Where in or near the Sierras are you located? We used to be in Weimar on 80.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom