"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl
View Poll Results: Which turkey recipe would be better
asian style turkey with fried rice 4 11.76%
traditional turkey with bread crumb stuffing 30 88.24%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2005, 10:47 AM   #21
Executive Chef
Personally neither appeal to me. Not much on stuffed turkeys. Never have really been a big fan of turkey until we started smoking and frying them.

We do have a grilling recipe for a turkey tenderloin that is pretty good.

Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 03:54 PM   #22
Master Chef
I do! I'm always interested in stuffings.

Like my grandma, I always do my stuffing in a separate pan. I love that crispy crust with the moist center.

We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:43 PM   #23
Executive Chef
with all this stuffing talk, luckily I had some for dinner tonight with chicken...was a corn meal stuffing...savory and oh so good.
Robo410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:40 PM   #24
Sous Chef
Since we got a turkey fryer, I really like it that way. Also, DH does the cooking. LOL
Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought him back.--unknown, at least to me
purrfectlydevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:02 AM   #25
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to Floridagirl Send a message via MSN to Floridagirl
I'm not stuffing my turkey either, I'd like to serve my "stuffing" seperate. I vote for # 2.
Floridagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 11:22 AM   #26
Sous Chef
I love the traditional Thanksgiving fare - ESPECIALLY the stuffing that is cooked in the bird. You have to be careful, but you have to be careful with poultry anyway. That's why they make those nice thermometers - so you don't have to be so worried. We've made them carefully for all of my years and have never had a hint of trouble. The stuffing is far tastier cooked in the bird.

BlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 11:31 AM   #27
Head Chef
I must agree with Blue Cat - I'm a traditionalist - and in more than 30 years of cooking stuffed turkeys I've never had even a tiny problem. Of course I've never stuffed the bird the night before as I've heard many people do and the dressing is removed from the bird completely before serving - usually the carcas frozen until I have time to do soup.

When it comes to stuffing I'm a purist - no sausage - but I do add apples, water chestnuts, pecans, raisins or Craisins.

When my Dad was alive I always made a separate pan of oyster dressing just for him. That's proof you can cook stuff you don't like!
Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all. Oregon native transplanted to Chicago....
lindatooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 11:34 AM   #28
Executive Chef
I like my stuffing as "dressing" and made from cornbread, celery, onions, eggs and served with gravy - without giblets. I don't ever stuff the turkey. I'm not sure it is safe and I don't like the idea of eating something from the inside of a bird. I'm roasting a turkey now to eat cold on Labor day with potato salad, green veggie, relish tray and some kind of really good bread. Don't know what dessert will be.

Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote