"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 11-27-2008, 12:45 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Weird Stuffing Question (Help!)

Hi all,

I'm at my parents' house for Thanksgiving, and I'm making them cornbread stuffing with apples and sausage as a side (Here's the recipe). They got all the ingredients for me.. however... instead of buying a cornbread for me to crumble for the stuffing, the bought me two boxes of Stove Top cornbread stuffing. So... should I cook the Stove Top with chicken broth, and use it in the recipe, and maybe not use the egg? Any suggestions would be great. I'll probably cut down on the seasoning a little since it's already got it. Aside from adding veggies, sausage and apple to the box stuff, should I alter the recipe at all for a great dish? Thanks a lot for all your help!

PS - Doing this tomorrow at noon, so, any advice I could get soon would be amazing!!!!

mr_misanthropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:37 AM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

I don't see the problem. Your recipe calls for cornbread stuffing mix from the supermarket and that's what you said you had...

Old 11-27-2008, 09:48 AM   #3
Head Chef

Hi Mr. M,

No, don't pre-mix the StoveTop stuffing per the instructions on the box. Follow the directions in the Neelys recipe, adding the dry stuffing mix from the box (which is what they call for in the recipe, not a baked cornbread).

You should be just fine - the recipe looks delicious! You and your parents will be proud!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lee
Old 11-27-2008, 12:42 PM   #4
Assistant Cook

Thanks folks, I appreciate the last minute advice. I was only confused by the wording of the recipe. It said 1 1/4 lbs instead of so many boxes of stuffing.. so I thought for a moment it was wanting a 1 1/4 lb. cornbread crumbled to make stuffing... I wasn't sure. I even saw the episode where they made it, I just blanked.

Well, it's done and ready to pop in the oven now. I'm just hiding from the family at the moment, so, I thought I'd come give thanks!

mr_misanthropy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None