what are your favourite chinese dishes for a great dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruleworld

Assistant Cook
i like chinese food. here are some of my favourite dishes. i like to know about other interesting chinese dishes.

Soup
1. Chicken Corn Soup
2. Tom Yum Goong (Thai)

Rice
1. Fried Rice
2. Chinese Shrimp Fried Rice

Chicken
1. Garlic Chicken
2. Cashew Chicken
3. Szechuan Chicken
4. Chicken with Vegetables

Beef
1. Sizzling Beef
2. Beef with Ginger
3. Beef Stir Fry
4. Beef Chilli

Prawn
1. Sweet n Sour Prawn

Last edited:
I have many favorite Chinese dishes. My favorite is made at my favorite restaurant, it's Cantonese-style Chicken chow mein. It's thin-slice chicken breast with mixed vegetables in a light gravy-like sauce and it's served over a bed of crispy fried lo mein noodles. The crunchy noodles go so well with the thick sauce and tender chicken! I also love their thai-style spring rolls, they are filled with a spicy ground pork and fire chili mixture and cellophane noodles and a hot fish sauce for dipping. Now I'm hungry, maybe we'll have take out later this week.

For a celebration meal in a fine dining restaurant, I would order the not-to-be-missed Shark's Fin Soup, followed by a cold platter of mixed appetizers. For main course, it would be some dishes from the following:

Chicken with Cashew & Dried Chillies or Lemon Chicken
Roast Duck or Peking Duck
Suckling Pig (only on special occasion)
Steamed Grouper
Drunken Prawns
Scallop with Broccoli
Shitake Mushroom with Baby Kai Lan (Kale)
Bean Sprouts with Salted Fish
Fried Rice
Hong Kong Noodles

No meal is complete without the sweet tempting desserts like Almond Jelly with Longans, Mango Pudding or Honey Dew with Sago.

Back
Top Bottom