What can I do with leftover chicken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
taxlady said:
I know of wooden faggots to put in a fire and the slur/politically incorrect meaning of the word, but what is a faggot when it's something with which one cooks?

A bit like meat balls in a gravy, an old English dish. Sticks to your ribs! Very yummy.

I know of wooden faggots to put in a fire and the slur/politically incorrect meaning of the word, but what is a faggot when it's something with which one cooks?

I'm surprised you didn't wiki it. After reading the ingredients, I'm pretty sure I won't be making it, but I bet Bolas does.

Glad to hear your finger is on the mend. It can be frustrating not being able to do things.

I though we had an identical thread, same exact question. My sugestions was, pierogy, pirozhki, potato knishes.

I'm not a fan of boiled chicken in many things, but I know my sister-in-law uses it to make chicken rolls that are just plain tasty. She finely chops fresh mushrooms, onion, and celery, sautees them, mixes in boiled or canned chicken, then takes it off the stove and mixes in cream cheese. She lets the mixture cool, then wraps blobs of it in store-bought crescent rolls. Then she rolls each roll in crushed stovetop stuffing and bakes according to the roll directions. She serves them with cream of chicken soup, halfway reconstituted, as a sauce. Not very healthy, but taste pretty darn good!

Sprout said:
I'm not a fan of boiled chicken in many things, but I know my sister-in-law uses it to make chicken rolls that are just plain tasty. She finely chops fresh mushrooms, onion, and celery, sautees them, mixes in boiled or canned chicken, then takes it off the stove and mixes in cream cheese. She lets the mixture cool, then wraps blobs of it in store-bought crescent rolls. Then she rolls each roll in crushed stovetop stuffing and bakes according to the roll directions. She serves them with cream of chicken soup, halfway reconstituted, as a sauce. Not very healthy, but taste pretty darn good!

That does sound good! Will def check it out. Of course, crushed brick would taste good with cream cheese (anything but Brussels sprouts...)

This sounds good enough to try. Can you find out what kind of stovetop stuffing?

We often make this chicken bread around here which can also be made with the left over chicken u r talking about...its downright delicious!

Attachments

• 227077_10150168883011595_298089336594_7078654_7130571_n.jpg
    227077_10150168883011595_298089336594_7078654_7130571_n.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 278
I would do a gratin casserole withpasta . Layer of cooked pasta then sauted garlic with the chicken shreds, a layer of white sauce ( usually bachamel)then a layer of cooked pasta, a layer of sauce again and top with mozzerlla cheese. Use some nutmeg ,black pepper for the sauce.

I hope this helps.

http://lovecookandeat.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Dice the chicken, lay it out flat on a cookie sheet, cover with saran wrap & freeze for a few hours. Bang it on the counter & put individual frozen pieces of chicken in a ziploc bag. Take out just as much as you need any time you need it.

Back
Top Bottom