What causes this? And is it safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the info everyone, I did take the time to contact Tyson to inquire about it, and they said the same thing, that the injection occurs in the 'broth enhancing' process.

And to Rainee, actually, my login name is a little out of date since I took a new job in GA, but I used to be in the Cary/Apex area. I should create a new login ID to reflect that... I don't suppose I can change the name of my current login, can I?

Thanks again everyone, I love this site :)

I found the same little holes in my Tyson frozen chicken breast. Figured it was injected. Living Alaska and often see fresh salmon with little worms, only wild caught never in store. I thought I would check if anyone else has seen this. Don't freak about the Salmon worm thing. You just filet it and pick out the worms along with any bones before cooking. In Halibut also. A little extra protein won't kill you ;) :cool:

"Individually Frozen

Tyson Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts are ready to Cook, no thawing required! Each portion is broth enh anced for tenderness and individually frozen. ...."

A friend of mine mentioned that she was pretty sure that it was part of the freezing process.

On an unrelated note, this is my first time posting in this forum, love the quick responses, thanks everyone

- LovetocookinNC[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom