What do you do with leftover turkey?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another turkey dinner, sandwiches, a 'sort of' shepherd's pie with turkey and veggies topped with stuffing in place of mashed.

A big pan of turkey casserole, layered with leftover stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, frosted with mashed potatoes, poke holes and pour gravy over all. I like to portion out and freeze some, Thanksgiving all year!

We always have a repeat of the same meal, many super yummy sandwiches, casserole and with the bones we roast them up for an unreal rich and delicious stew. Not sure what we like better .. the actual meal of the leftovers !!

Pot pie. That way you can use up your ketones veg, use the mashed pots to thicken the gravy. And, you can freeze it.

There's only four of us for dinner and we have a 15-pound turkey. I LOOOVVEEE leftover turkey. We'll have a second meal, sandwiches, pot pie, turkey a la king, and turkey soup, with stock made from the carcass, and freeze some for later. I might give some to my mom and stepfather, too :mrgreen:

Also, an organization I belong to has an annual membership meeting on the first Saturday in December, with a potluck brunch; I always make a quiche with turkey, Havarti, roasted red peppers and caramelized onions for that.

We just roast a turkey breast and sandwiches are the name of the game. Add dressing,gravey, and cranberry sauce homemade. I could live on this for a week.:yum:
kades

Turkey Sandwich,Turkey Sandwich,Turkey Sandwich and a Turkey Sandwich. ;)

Did I say I like Turkey sandwiches? :)

Turkey is great in tacos. Sear it up with some chili and cumin and load it in a taco - top with the usual trimmings.

How about a curry?

And the ultimate comfort food... creamed turkey on toast (don't forget the little green peas)

:)

I guess the question should be what can't you do with left over turkey. Lots of great ideas here. I just love having left over turkey. So many possibilities. All the things I do have been mentioned here I think with the exception of sloppy toms.

We go to my BIL's. He doesn't believe in sending home leftovers or care packages. That is OK ! Today I went to the store for "just a couple things". You know how it goes -- $60 later, I scored a fresh/ not injected half bone in tureky breast and a pkg of two bone-in thighs. Tossed the thighs in the freezer and will roast the turkey breast Friday / along with some squash, dressing/ cranberries and make gravy and some mashed potatoes. Then there will be Proper Leftovers. I might have to make some little pies for some dessert this coming weekend too. I bought cat treats for the little girls, so they will have T'sgiving tomorrow too;) PLUS Turkey is one of the few people foods they get a taste of when we have leftovers.

My favorite cold turkey sandwich is made this way:

bottom slice bread, mayo, 1 piece crisp lettuce, avocado slices, turkey, dressing, cranberries, 1 more piece lettuce, more mayo on the top piece bread. The lettuce helps hold it all together. Variations allowed -- sometimes toast the bread, bacon slices. I will put sausage in the dressing, so no bacon. Best eaten with just the little light on in the kitchen, no not the refrigerator light, but that works. :LOL:

Other than at least one leftover turkey dinner with all the leftover fixin's, turkey sandwiches, hot turkey sandwiches with gravy on them, 9-inch deep dish turkey pot pie, and turkey noodle or turkey rice soup are my usuals.

Other than at least one leftover turkey dinner with all the leftover fixin's, turkey sandwiches, hot turkey sandwiches with gravy on them, 9-inch deep dish turkey pot pie, and turkey noodle or turkey rice soup are my usuals.

Do you share the turkey with your furry roommates? My two both had their fill of well-rinsed ham.

Turkey salad
Turkey casserole
Turkey pot pie
Turkey and gravy
and Turkey stew.

I love the leftovers! I've even made turkey tamales.

At least one more turkey dinner. Then sandwiches, definitely soup from the carcass. Maybe a pot pie. I sure like the sound of Whisks sandwich.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom