What should I do with leftovers from my duck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moondog

Assistant Cook
I am in then process of cooking some crispy duck. :chef:

This is what I have left:

Spine
Wings (Past the "elbow")
Excess neck fat
Neck
Heart
Liver
...and something that looks like a kidney. I doubt that is what it is though.

Basically, the standard stuff inside a duck plus the spine that I cut off.

I really have no clue what to do with any of it. Usually, I just throw it all out, but for some reason, this time I want to eat it. I have never messed with any of it before. What should I do with them? Make me a "custom recipe." I want to use EVERYTHING that is leftover.

Thanks!

-Sam

After you eat the duck there will be a carcass...Put it all in a pot..cover with water. Add S&P Garlic, bay leaf, a little thyme, onion, etc...add any of your "parts"....make a duck stock....From there I would be thinking duck and andouille (sausage) gumbo....

Have Fun!

Duck stock is terrific. Don't use the liver because it will cause the stock to become bitter. I love making soup with duck stock and it gives a great taste to homemade gravy for poulty instead of using chicken stock. Duck is rich so the flavor is awesome. Cut out some of the fat.

The duck carcass is used to make duck soup for the second course in Peking Duck. Duck liver can be served separately after a light saute in the frypan. Any fat you want to render down is fabulous for roasting potatoes in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom