What to do with 2 very dry, but tasty smoked chicken breasts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I used Kathleen's idea for lunch. I took one breast and shredded it and mixed with bbq sauce. I then nuked it gently to warm it up and then piled it high on a good roll. It was a delicious lunch and the dry chicken was not a problem.

Bolas, point me in the direction of your gravy curry. That sounds like it could be interesting.

Kathleen, not a bad idea. I will keep that one in mind as well. I am not a huge fan of bbq sauce on things. If I do use it I go very light, but in this case a good bbq sauce just might be the answer.

I thought I'd ruined a turkey by overcooking a year or so ago. I'd cooked it on the Webber, over a divided bed of charcoal, with a drip pan, half filled with water underneath the bird. I caved it from the carcass, when it was cool enough to handle, and laid it in an aluminum roasting pan. I poured the liquid from the drip pan over the meat and let it rest in the fridge overnight. In the night, the meat rehydrated and picked up that smoky goodness from the drip pan liquid. The group I served it to said it was the juiciest, most tender and delicious turkey they'd ever eaten.

Cooking the bird in boiling, or even simmering liquid will not allow the meat to reabsorb moisture, as heat is what squeezed it out in the first place. You can either make, or purchase a can of chicken broth, and cover the meat with it. Place it in the fridge overnight, and then decide what you will do with the moist chicken.

I have to think that chicken would react the way turkey meat does, as it cooks the same way.

Hope this helps you.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

darn, i'm too late, but i would have suggested buffalo chicken dip, especially on a football sunday. maybe next time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom