Who is cooking a duckling this holiday season?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always look forward to this time of year- just for the duckling! I always steam the duck before anything else. I've found that it helps me get the perfect amount of doneness, with the least amount of smokiness.
Happy Jollidays!

every friday, whole foods (in our area) features a rotisserie duckling with black cherry sauce. just marvelous!!:)

I've never cooked a duck in my rotisserie, but have cooked many chickens in it. The chickens turn out fantastic. I think the duck will too.

Nice crispy duck skin! Oh yeah!!!!:pig::pig::pig::LOL::chef:

oh bolas, your golden grilled duckling is always a sight to behold! i've never had bbq duck. i bet it is wonderful that way though--crispy, smoky, moist dark meat wonderful. is there a way for you to catch any of the duck fat when it is cooked on the grill?

your xmas at the bombay dynasty sounds like a great plan. i hope you enjoy the indian cuisine and have yourselves a wonderful holiday time, bolas!!:)

nothing puts me in the mood for duck so much as your gorgeous birds on the grill, bolas!! (last year, there were two of them, i recall:) )
Thank you Vit and the same to you.I am lucky in many ways, one of those ways is the supermarket bargain scouts in our food group, they give me the heads up when bargains we like appear.Two supermarkets Tesco and Sainsbury discount frozen ducks by and guinea fowl by 50% a few times a year, they are about $7.5 and $4.5 each. IMO they are just as good as fresh ones so as I am lucky to have two large freezers and I am lucky to be able to buy quite a few we have them at least once a month.
I catch the duck fat in a tin.
Last year was great both Aldi and Lidl were selling frozen geese for about $20 this yr they have put them up to $30.
Both duck and geese have to be free range to thrive.

i wish we had ducks on sale here once in awhile....they are expensive, and remain expensive here--perhaps because ducklings have a small but loyal market base in this area....

i wish we had ducks on sale here once in awhile....they are expensive, and remain expensive here--perhaps because ducklings have a small but loyal market base in this area....

$6.99/lb here. The largest was 3 pounds. I almost picked up a fresh pork shoulder for $1.89/lb. I'm still thinking about going back and getting it...$15 for the shoulder.

Not me! Maybe whole-roasted fish if I can find anything decent. Colder months produce some great fish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom