Who's deep frying their bird this year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two tips for you Mudbug. First, to figure out the correct amount of oil to use, put the turkey in the pot then cover with water. Then take the turkey out and mark the water level on the side of the pot. That way you will know exactly how much oil to pour in without risking using too much which could cause an overflow and a fire.

My next tip is based on my experience the first time we deep fried a turkey. The bird will cook super fast compared to doing it in the oven. Do not forget to take into account how long it will take the oil to come up to temp though. We had neglected to think about that and it took a lot longer for the oil to reach cooking temp than we though. We ate much later that night than usual.

Check, and then double check your home owners policy.
It might not cover turkey. :flowers:

Nice flat, stable, non-flammable surface outdoors. No sense in setting the garage on fire.

Someone I know deep fried a turkey last year in one of those countertop deep fryers you see advertised on TV all the time now. He loved it. He said he'll never go back to cooking it in the oven. I imagine they are as safe as deep frying anything indoors.

Oh and don't forget some good tunes to listen to while you are frying. Wait a sec, I forgot who I was talking to for a second :)

watch

I actually bought one of those deep frying things last year, but when I was assembling the stove part something either broke off, or it was already broken off. Anyways, I took it back to Menard’s, or was it Home Depot, well with my luck they did not have any in stock, and I just never went back to replace. There went my attempt to deep fry turkey. Better luck next time. I hope.

Back
Top Bottom