"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 01-17-2007, 02:50 PM   #11
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

How do bars deep fry those frozen wings so good ? I'll have to dry mine better next time, not sure if that is the problem or not. Also will check the temp. of my oil, to make sure it is correct. Thanks for all your help !

Old 01-17-2007, 04:52 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

Retaurant deep fryers tend to be much larger and much more powerfull that the home deep fryer. If I am cooking with 2 quarts of oil and drop in a bunch of frozen wings, I'm in trouble. But if I am cooking in 5 gallons of hot oil there will be less oof an effect. Plus, the commercial fryer is probably built with a much, much more powerfull heater than our personal ones.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:23 PM   #13
Executive Chef

My favorite way to brown wings is a 400 to 425 degree oven .Just coat wings with some oil and then baked the living daylights out of them turning them every 15-20 minutes.Bake them till they get real crisp.Then toss in sauce.What you are wanting to to is steam and cook off the moisture then they will start to brown .Be patient and let them bake down really really crispy.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:14 AM   #14
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to petey
Frozen wings in a home deep fryer is definitly a no no.

Perdue makes "Wingettes" which is chicken wings cut into buffalo wing portions. If your supermarket will not stock this item try your local butcher. they will happily cut the wings for you.

Remove from fridge, coat in canola oil , season, & let sit at room temperature for 20 - 30 minutes then place in already heated oil at 365 deg. about 13/15 min. & they'll be done. remember, no over crowding the deep fryer.

I normally dont season my wings they go in the deep fryer naked then let them sit for about 10 minutes on the counter and then sautee them in hot sauce and butter. If you go right from the fryer to the pan they may get mushy on the outside.

Good luck, I hope this helped.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:13 PM   #15
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
This isn't my original post - but all of you have given me some great tips, Thanks ! Barb L.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

thanks for all your suggestions...i was doing it ALL wrong lol. I was overloading the deep fryer at 400 degrees and they were frozen! I followed your suggestions(smaller amounts, sat on the counter for a half an hour from the fridge) and they turned out beautiful! Thanx so much!!

Tags
None